V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you folks found the headlight on a Wide Glide adequate for night riding? If not is there a more powerful bulb that works better?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I still have the stock headlight on my 2001 and it's been fine for me. I'm sure there are better. Although it hasn't been an issue, I would like to change it for a billet headlight just because I like the look better. Maybe a headwinds....

Tony

·
semi-retired
1,844 Posts
yes

malcolmUSA said:
Have you folks found the headlight on a Wide Glide adequate for night riding? If not is there a more powerful bulb that works better?
I've been using a piaa super white,about $36. If i had$$$ i"d have an h.i.d.

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
I got one of those PIAA super white bulbs too it is a white light I think it is great.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Sylvania silver star bulb in the stock 05 headlite assembly works better than even the european reflectors. I've tried both.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
tommoore said:
Sylvania silver star bulb in the stock 05 headlite assembly works better than even the european reflectors. I've tried both.

part number... can you get this at the local auto parts store?...:hmmm:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Personaly, I think the stock headlight on my '01 sucks...and I have the Sylvania bulb upgrade in it. If I could afford it, I would go the HID route. But then, I would have to buy two...one for me and one for my wifes Grocery Glide. I don't like the headlight, but I don't ride enough at night to justify spending any more money on a new headlight. A headlight bezel helps the appearance, but thats about it. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
The 05 reflector is better than the earlier ones. The Sylvania part number is H4ST . This is the motorcycle bulb. The 9003ST is the same basic bulb and will fit but is for automotive applications. What the real difference is I don't know. I bought one at Advanced Auto.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts