V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tony Kebhart
Joined
·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put in andrews 26 cams....already had the ness big sucker and V&H Longshots. Im now wondering if I need to get a stage 1 flash to advance the timing the ECM...or if I could do that through the PCIIIr.

If I can do this through the PCIII...how much shoudl I advance the timing? Should I do that over the entire matrix?

PS I have already done a search and everything I found was for a 95 inch TC....mine is still 88 inch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
755 Posts
akebhart said:
I just put in andrews 26 cams....already had the ness big sucker and V&H Longshots. Im now wondering if I need to get a stage 1 flash to advance the timing the ECM...or if I could do that through the PCIIIr.

If I can do this through the PCIII...how much shoudl I advance the timing? Should I do that over the entire matrix?

PS I have already done a search and everything I found was for a 95 inch TC....mine is still 88 inch.
No ECM reflash. The PC alters that for you. My 2 cents is to cut about 3 inches off your baffles and put them back in and then get it dyno-tuned so that your PCIII is tweaked exactly for your build. You WILL notice the before and after difference. At a minimum search the DynoJet website for the closest map to your build and download it into the PCIII if you aren't willing to pay for the dyno-time.
 

·
Infidel
Joined
·
6,331 Posts
Fire4Effect said:
No ECM reflash. The PC alters that for you.
Does the PC allow you to raise the rev limiter?

Stage I flash raises the rev limiter froom 5800 to 6200 rpm (I'm sure you know this :D )
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,718 Posts
If you don't have the flash, your lacking. -2$en#e- I ran my 88"/flash with a 95"/pc, he caught me at about 85mph once he got into 5th gear. :harhar: I was expecting {hoping for?} a LOT more from him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
755 Posts
wyodude said:
Does the PC allow you to raise the rev limiter?
No. It retains whatever limit is in the ECM currently. Good point. There is normally not a great reason to raise it in the first place as most builds are clearly running out of power at that high RPM anyway, but he would indeed have to pay the MoCo for a reflash to raise the limiter. What made me reply to this thread in general was that he's got a big-sucker, drag pipes with no baffles, and a new cam without customizing his map to the build properly. This, at best, leaves a lot of TQ on the table that he is not taking advantage of after spending all of the $$$ due to a bad tune. At worst, it could even decrease the engine life if it is really off, but I am not declaring that to be likely.

Howz that monster sitting under your gas tank running these days? Get it dyno'd yet?

:cheers:
 

·
Infidel
Joined
·
6,331 Posts
Fire4Effect said:
Howz that monster sitting under your gas tank running these days? Get it dyno'd yet?

:cheers:
In the shop for an inner primary leak (jackshaft seal). I pick it up tomorrow.

I have 2000 miles on the motor but haven't had it dyno'd yet.

In general, the thing is a real beast. I'm happy with the results. :yes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
755 Posts
wyodude said:
In the shop for an inner primary leak (jackshaft seal). I pick it up tomorrow.

I have 2000 miles on the motor but haven't had it dyno'd yet.

In general, the thing is a real beast. I'm happy with the results. :yes:
Right on. It's good to see when things actually turn out for the better after what seems like a fuken disaster. If / when you get it dyno'd please post it. Really curious about that motor.

Cheers.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top