V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Crazy as a Bastard
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been working on my trip this summer. Last two summers have been fortuante to ride the incredible west this country has to offer. here's my tenative plan... Thoughts?

Starting from Denver heading over to Durango, via Gunnison and the Million Dollar Hwy. From Durango we ride southwest to the Zion area of Utah riding Utah hwy 95, 24 and 12. After several days in the Kanab area and doing the Canyons, etc...its off to Yosemite via the Nevada Extraterrisial Hwy, and Area 51. From Yosemite and some riding in the area of Sonora Pass its off to Lake Tahoe, then northwest to the GIANT Redwoods and on up Hwy. 101 to see the incredible Oregon Coast and dunes. Into Washington St., riding the coast, picking up Washington Hwy 20 across the state, then north into Canada and some time in Banff and Lake Louise, back south into Montana thru Glacier Natl., on over to the Beartooth Hwy and the TOP OF THE WORLD! Down into Yellowstone and onward to the Tetons... from here its a lazy ride back to Denver and back to the real world.

YeeHa!!!:thumbsup:

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Sounds like an awesome adventure! Say hi to my brother when you're down Durango way. He lives out in the sticks in a place called Bayfield. Never been there. I'm envious.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
that is a great route. I'm envious, except a ride that long would absolutely kill my arse and I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much as it would deserve.

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Zion is incredible! The two tunnels that cut through the moutains there in the park are pretty cool. That was one of our stops on our 10 day trip this past spring. Utah is very underrated when it comes to sight seeing.

Also went to Durango and stayed for a couple days. Rode up into the moutains to Silverton. This was the first week of May and the roads were clear. But there was tons of snow still everywhere up there. Man, I thought Tennessee was beautiful!

Last year we did the Beartooth and that was also totally breathtaking! As well as Yellowstone through Jackson Hole and the Grand Tetons.

Man, you've got an awesome trip lined up. You can't go wrong!

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Oh by the way, we are trying to plan a Northeast trip this year. Can you give a guy an idea of some great destinations? We LOVE lobster! And the wife prefers bed and breakfast stays seeing since the northeast is full of them.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
If you can, start at Mystic, Ct and head north on Rt 12 and then 169 to Mass. Then cut through Mass to New Hampshire on the slab. Jump off the slab anytime in NH and head north to the Kangamangus Highway. That will dump you in No. Conway (or Lincoln depends on your start) not far from Lake Winnipesaukee. After that head east into Maine and enjoy your lobster.

Bed and Breakfast Inns all over the area!

·
Registered
14 Posts
jmbaker3 said:
... From Durango we ride southwest to the Zion area of Utah riding Utah hwy 95, 24 and 12. ...
Since you are doing the miles, you might want to consider dropping down to the north rim of the Grand Canyon. It's totally unlike the south rim: pine trees, not near as many Winnebagos, fewer screaming kids.

-----
DarkLord
'97 HSC
Phoenix

·
Crazy as a Bastard
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DarkLord said:
Since you are doing the miles, you might want to consider dropping down to the north rim of the Grand Canyon. It's totally unlike the south rim: pine trees, not near as many Winnebagos, fewer screaming kids.

-----
DarkLord
'97 HSC
Phoenix
Yeap...doing that too. Been ther the last two years and plan on going back...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts