V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Iran finally fessed up and admitted they shot it down, but are still making excuses. They say it made an aggressive turn that would have taken it over a sensitive military base. Word is it was well within the air corridor when it was hit with two Tor sam's.

First, what kind of screwed up country doesn't know when it's own surface to air missiles are fired? They knew within minutes of the launches, and just preferred to tell the lie.

Second, what kind of morons are manning their defenses? The Tor system has the ability to query air craft transponders to identify friendly aircraft. And the battery commander should have been well aware of the air corridor from the airport. And should have been aware that civilian flights were still using the airport. They must have been sitting there shitting their pants, waiting for some unseen stealth bomber to shove a Harm up their asses.

With that said, I doubt it ever gets explained by them what did the deed. With the embarrassment this has caused Ali Khameni, he probably supervised the punishment of the unit responsible. Piano wire neck decorations for them all, and their extended families. After they all confessed to working in league with the USA.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,427 Posts
Come on, you guys.

Commercial passenger jets are notorious around the world for their aggressive maneuvers, especially when loaded.

joe

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
The pilots should have known to remove the go pro camera off the windshield before flying over Iran.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
I just watched a report on this from fox and it was said Iran is trying to fool everyone they have intelligent equipment but they do not. It was that thier current system to identify a commercial plane verses a drone is not true, it can not do that. And as for thier ground control over launching ballistic missiles it is handled with major malfunction people.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Their leadership should have fessed up. AD ain't easy and the US have bagged our share of friendlies over the years (including a Tornado and and F-18 during the Iraq invasion and two Blackhawks before that in the No Fly Zone misidentified after VID passes by F-15s-eyeballs ain't perfect either). Airliners should be diverted from high threat areas or grounded, not merely managed. Passenger flight isn't for survival, it's for entertainment and business either of which can wait. Stuff happens, people die, don't fly in the Middle East or Persian Gulf unless you're a combatant. Bonus is Iranians are rioting against the government but of course they'll still lose.

·
Laughing Poseur
5,252 Posts
Anyone who believes anything or even tries to understand anything they do OR for that matter anything that gets reported is nuts.....complete waste of effort.

·
not sober all the time
5,323 Posts
Who the fuk flies to or even visits these fkd up countries........
Mostly Iranians or former Iranians. 146 passengers used an Iranian passport to leave Iran, ten used an Afghan passport, five used a Canadian one, four a Swedish one, and two used Ukrainian passports. I can't pronounce their names other than Lindberg.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts