V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my new bike and am still trying to figure out all of the bells and whistles. I connected to XM, but still want to have the choice of using my iPod when I want. I've read several posts, and am unsure of which is the best way to connect. If I plug into the Aux plug, how do I control the volume or what I hear, and if I use the cigarette lighter and an FM Modulator, it seems the quality is only as good as the FM station it's coming through.

So, what is the best way to get the most out of my stereo and iPod on this bike? Any input would be appreciated.

Rick

·
Fuk ya'll, I'm from TEXAS
2,227 Posts
i use the Aux plug went to radio shack got the wire for about 4 bucks and turn the ipod all the way up and it works perfectly almost like an amp.

on edit you just use the bikes volume control

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
captainlee said:
i use the Aux plug went to radio shack got the wire for about 4 bucks and turn the ipod all the way up and it works perfectly almost like an amp.

on edit you just use the bikes volume control
Will stop at Radio Shack in the way home today, thanks!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Yepper, 12" stereo cable should run you about $4.99. Just got back from Tombstone, Arizona (610 miles round trip), didn't here the same song twice on my 4G Nano. Use bike volume control, max out on the iPod.

·
2008 Ultra
318 Posts
Ditto for me.

I stick my iPod in the centre pouch of my fairing, have one end plugged to the cigarette lighter and the other end plugged into my Aux. Set the iPod volume to max and use the volume control on the bike.

Beats searching for channels on the road or changing cassettes. I've got about 800 songs on the iPod, set it to shuffle and I never hear the same song twice.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Almost There said:
Ditto for me.

I stick my iPod in the centre pouch of my fairing, have one end plugged to the cigarette lighter and the other end plugged into my Aux. Set the iPod volume to max and use the volume control on the bike.

Beats searching for channels on the road or changing cassettes. I've got about 800 songs on the iPod, set it to shuffle and I never hear the same song twice.
Did you have to buy a special adapter for the cigarette lighter? Looks like mine is smaller than a regular one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts