V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen anything regarding iPhone power adaptors, plugs or mounts? I have a mount with no power supply and I realize I can use my cigarette lighter plug but I was looking, hoping by now someone would have come out with a hardwired iPhone powered mount. :coffee:

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
I still use the Eagle Claw iPhone holder and zip tie my cigarette lighter plug to my bars.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
iSimple IS75 Universal Adapter--plugs into the bottom of the iphone 4 and has power wires (wired mine to the cigarette lighter inside the fairing, and audio connectors (used the 3.5mm connector plugged into the AUX port I added to the back of the HK radio. Works great.

Carl

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've got a Sony CDX-GT650UI head unit in my 2005 FLHT, which has a front panel USB port which also provides power. The iPhone is cradled in an Akron Mounts handle bar mount (with a strip of velcro for extra security).

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
7 Posts
I like the Hell's Foundry unit but I wonder how that set up affects cooling. I had the Harley Boom magnetic pouch and after about 5 minutes the iPhone shuts down from the built up heat.

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I am totally into tech stuff, and I know the unit is expensive but I plan to go with the factory setup so I can control the Ipod from the handlebars and have the Ipod in the saddlebag strap. Santa, are you listenin?????? The wind protection is so good on the FLTRU that I use the stereo a lot more than I did on the FLHX, plus with the headsets it is awesome.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@TRazzo you need santa to bring to you!!!! That was the first thing I bought when purchasing my RG. I use the left fairing compartment to store my Iphone when riding (with compartment liners) the cord also charges your phone and still use all factory radio and controls. It is worth the the money!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had good results with a ram mount for my iphone and I use a dual usb adapter (small so it fits flush with my cig lighter) and a usb cord to the iphone. This leaves me with an extra usb for my gps on the other side. On my 2010 SG there is a hole (mirror mount) on the levers and I mounted my ram ball on that and can interchange different holders for electronics and gps. Very pleased with the results although hard wiring might be better. With the small usb adapter I have no problem with the cords hitting the tank when I turn. Hope this helps.

·
Banned
589 Posts
Plug it into the ciggie butt lighter, run the cord up to the tri-pocket behind the windshield. That said, we don't use "devices" while under way. We have issues with people who read and drive.

:coffee:

·
?????
3,531 Posts
Plug it into the ciggie butt lighter, run the cord up to the tri-pocket behind the windshield. That said, we don't use "devices" while under way. We have issues with people who read and drive.

:coffee:

@gree: I plug into the lighter and drop it into the windshield pouch, not going to be dicking around with a phone or music toy while riding.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Would be nice to be able to charge my phone while i ride, my DROID has a very short battery life, hope to upgrade to the iphone soon. So keep posting this info, I'll need it shortly.

·
?????
3,531 Posts
Would be nice to be able to charge my phone while i ride, my DROID has a very short battery life, hope to upgrade to the iphone soon. So keep posting this info, I'll need it shortly.
No experience with the Droid, I do have the Droid X which seems to do pretty good with battery life so far. I've had it off charge for 12 hours and still had 80% battery life left. All smart phone battery life is dependent on the task you have running, my daughter has a iphone and seems to be toting a charger around quite often.

·
Banned
589 Posts
I'm being sarcastic . . . after having passed some clown on the freeway (center lane) at 70 mph (posted speed), and she's holding her latte between her knees, iPhone above the steering wheel, and texting at freeway speed in rain, fog, and heavy traffic.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts