V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LA Int'l M/C show in Long Beach this weekend....anyone else gonna go?

Tony

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Not able to make it. Too many Toy Runs scheduled this weekend. It's a choice of doing something worthwhile, or drooling over bikes. Tough call, but I'll go with the doing something worthwhile. I've heard the show is really great. If ya' change your mind decide to go for a Toy Run instead, give me a ping.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim,

We're going to the M/C show on Sat so we can do a toy run on Sun. Starts in Monterey Park at L.A. Sheriff's Headquarters and ends at Bonelli Park in San Dimas. You're close by, so if your run is on Sat and you'd like to do the one on Sun let me know and we'll hook up.

Tony

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Upcoming Runs

Gunslinger said:
Jim,

We're going to the M/C show on Sat so we can do a toy run on Sun. Starts in Monterey Park at L.A. Sheriff's Headquarters and ends at Bonelli Park in San Dimas. You're close by, so if your run is on Sat and you'd like to do the one on Sun let me know and we'll hook up.

Tony
I've already arranged with friends to meet at Glendale H/D for the Skid Row Toy Run on Sunday, the 9th. Have done that one for a number of years. Very dramatic at end: Downtown LA at the Mission. A couple thousand mothers & kids lined up waiting for a chance at a toy. I'll try to pull-off the LEMA ride (the one leaving the Sheriff's Dept.) next year. Good ending spot since the girlfriend has relatives in San Dimas! So the logistics don't work for me on Sunday the 9th. But how about Saturday, the 15th? Laidlaw's H/D in Rosemead, CA is sponsoring a toy run stopping off at car dealerships. The car dealerships claim they will match dollar-for-dollar the value of all toys donated. At each stop. Kinda a cool idea. :cool: Haven't decided if we'll chance the Tijuana Toy Run this year. I've heard the Border Crossing time is unbelieable! Let me know if the 15th will work, Tony. And any you other riders out there who are interested, lots of Toy Runs in So Cal. Let's roll!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
On the 15th some of us are going to do the ride benefiting FDNY, it kicks off at Staples Center and ends up at Castaic Lake, which is perfect 'cause its 10 minutes from home. We'll hook up on one of these runs. Got alot of guys at work that I ride with and we try to do these runs as often as possible.

If not, we at least go to the Rock Store or someplace similar for lunch, then just go wherever we end up along the coast somewhere for a beer or two.

Tony

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Everybody likes those rides that end up near home!!! That anti-terrorism ride has a lot of appeal. Thought seriously about it before I found out about the ride that ends up in Pasadena, a mile from my place. I'll talk with my girl Leece about which she'd rather do on the 15th. :p And the Rock Store and then on the Neptune's Net is always a wonderful ride!

For the non-Southern Cal riders out there, the Rock Store and Neptune's Net are famous biker haunts. One place in the mountains and one on the ocean. Hundreds of bikes at each site every weekend. And beautiful ridin' getting to 'em.

:cool:

Anyway, we'll get those schedules worked out, Tony, and I'll get back to ya' about the 15th. Or maybe the 16th if Leece and I don't do the Tijuana Toy Run thing that day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts