V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have seen this link before. If not, take the time to read it. It's really pretty interesting. I'm sure we in the USA have NO idea about the damage caused by Chernobyl. Even though the chick writing this doesn't ride a v-twin, I thought it informative and thoughtful.

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/chapter1.html

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Very Interesting...i'm going to print it out at work today, and if i have a spare minute:rolleyes: , i'll read the rest.
i've read some stories years ago by Soviet military that had friends that were ordered to go in there...didn't make it back out.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Wow!! Thats the best read i have experienced in a long time. It's sad. Almost makes you sick to your stomach.

·
Who, me?
434 Posts
I saw the site a couple years ago and thought it was a good read. It made me more interested in the Chernobyl area after the accident.

It was interesting that the same day I read it I happened to see that HBO was doing a special featurette on the Children of Chernobyl. The combination of the site and the documentary had me really thinking that perhaps humans shouldn't be trying to manage the greatest power known to man.

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well even so, factual or massaged it's a good read. What matters is not so much that she rode thru on a motorcycle (true or not) but the absolute tradgedy of the melt down. There's a lot the world needs to learn about that.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
About 64 I think.
Nicky

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Read it couple years ago. Great read. Some debate about few facts in it. Internet legend?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts