V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody here tried a RamJet intake manifold that bolts up with gaskets and the (welded right on the manifold) clamps. I'm kind of tired of the compliance fitting trouble.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
rick, you have a link to a pic for one of these?

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the delay Jockey, had some customers to take care of. I can't get the link to post. Go to J&P Cycle under intakes and look for part # 433-727.

Rick

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Hmmm... Interesting. Thanks for the info. I hadn't seen that before. I might just get one for my sporty. I too am tired of the compliance fittings.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's said to be a rigid solid fix. There is another manufacturer as well, but the flange floats behind the intake ridge. Same basic design, one welded flange one floating.

I am hoping somebody has tried it?

Anybody can give Jockey and I an opinion?

Rick

·
Registered
213 Posts
I ran a Ram Jet intake for 15 years, no problems what-so-ever. Changed the gaskets about every two-three years. Had a Kien butterfly mounted on it first, then a Rev-tech Accelerator I. I change to the S&S intake because it came in the kit, however the carb would fit the Ram Jet.

It is in my 'spare parts' box, I'll hang on to it, than you very much.

·
Registered
26 Posts
When the compliance fittings on my '87 Evo Softtail cracked, I replaced them with the Ramjet manifold. I ran that bike for 70k miles before I sold it and it never gave me any problems. When I tore down my '85 FXST, the first thing I put on my replace list was the rubber manifold. I picked up a Ramjet unit at a swap meet for $10. It's been on there for thousands of miles now with no problems. If you're looking at easily removing one of the Evo's weak spots, this is where I would start.

George

1 - 9 of 9 Posts