V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased a Ultima 113 ci and am wondering what intake manifold I have to run to beable to fit a Mikuni 42 45 HSR series carb as the motor comes with a S&S style intake, any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Damit said:
I have purchased a Ultima 113 ci and am wondering what intake manifold I have to run to beable to fit a Mikuni 42 45 HSR series carb as the motor comes with a S&S style intake, any help would be appreciated.
Forget the 42 Mickey on a 113 CI but if you want to go for it. There is whats called a Mikuni Race Back thats will fit up a 48 Mickey to SnS manifold. Sells for around $155.00 dollars. Don't know if it allows the 45 Mickey to be bolted up to it or not or if they make one that will. There are also the el-cheapo Rubber adapters that will allow it to but they have a tendency to cause gas to foam due to engine vibration more so than the metal ones. Go for the 48 Mik as that 113 might just like it more. Might also check with Ultima and see what they know about out there to do it with. John Sachs might have an answer for you on this. He's been playing with Ultima engines sine they came out. Look in white pages in Plantation FL for his number or if you post question to him he may see it if he's online much theses days.

Picture and price off www.tmanperformance.com website. Might try T.R. too.
Mikuni Race Back - $155.00

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
re:manifold

Yes Ive seen these adapters in Jireh's catalog seeing pic now I see how it works can't seem to get a respone from mid US as ultima doesn't seem to offer a email address. Any idea if the S&S CV intake would fit for 4.995 cylinders as I've seen this one also but can't seem to find out if it will fit head intake port proper or even close so that I can clean it out to fit.

Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
Damit said:
Yes Ive seen these adapters in Jireh's catalog seeing pic now I see how it works can't seem to get a respone from mid US as ultima doesn't seem to offer a email address. Any idea if the S&S CV intake would fit for 4.995 cylinders as I've seen this one also but can't seem to find out if it will fit head intake port proper or even close so that I can clean it out to fit.

Thanks
SnS list a 113" CV manifold with 4.995 cylinder height for SnS V2 style engines. It has provisions for MAP sensor by drilling it if needed. Section 3 pg 40 of their catalog (note: online catalog pg numbering system is off by at least 2 pgs so it may come up if you click pg 42 instead of 40). P/N is 16-1734, Size 406. U-ring for 44-45mm P/N 16-0241.

Give TR (T-Man Performance) a call and he might machine your manifold to fit the 45 for around $75.00 dollars. Also check with Wes (Cycle Rama) he may have or will rework your manifold. John Sach is still a good call as he sells Ultima motors and has quite abit of experience with them and knows how to get in touch with Kenny Francis, point man for them.

You also have the option of machining SnS 1.0" aluminum spacer block to except a 44/45MM carb. If you don't want to go to the trouble of having one machined youself, might want to check with Bob Wood www.woodcarbs.com I know he has these machined to fit 51mm CV on SnS G manifold and if he doesn't have one might machine one for you. My guest spacer and machining would cost you around $90.00-$99.00 dollars from him.

PS: Don't let him sell you one of his modified CVs...LOL I'm sure the Mickey's slide rattle will be more enjoyable over the long run/rides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts