V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a quote from the HD insurance folks on a new Ultra as a second bike, $654 a year for two bikes, full coverage. This is with a company called Guideone. She stated Dairyland's rates have gone way up. Their quote just on the Ultra was $876 per year.

Has anyone renewed with Dairyland recently and if so was there a big rate increase?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
JimmyK said:
Mine went down by 10% with Dairyland.
Dat's cuz ya cain't ride it!:D

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
The safest rider is the one who doesn't ride! :D :eek:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HD insurance gets quotes from several companies. They just serve as agents. I got quotes from HD insurance from three different companies for the Ultra alone; Guideone - $493, ?-$724 and Dairyland - $876.

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Geographic area may be a facter in insurance cost. In April 02' I paid Dairyland $780/year on new 02'FLHTCI full coverage. I think that's with a 10% discount for Rider Safty Course. Can't find a deductible amount on the policy.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I moved from CA to SD and my rates went up $100. The actual ins. rate went down, but SD doesn't recocnize a mc as a "vehicle" so no multicar discount. They also don't have good driver discounts here. I argued with the agent saying there are no people here, there is nothing to hit. A month later I hit a sign. There went that argument.
Since no dicounts, my bike ins went from $304 per year to $398 per year. Truck went from $600 per year to $800 per year.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Just got my bill last week. $1293 almost full coverage. Mass. insurance sucks the big one and all them discount companies don't do business here due to the strict insurance regulations. The rates are controlled by the state and there is no competition! Everybody pays the same depending on your address. This state sucks and its farging freezing here to boot!:mad:

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
fourhour said:
Just got my bill last week. $1293 almost full coverage. Mass. insurance sucks the big one and all them discount companies don't do business here due to the strict insurance regulations. The rates are controlled by the state and there is no competition! Everybody pays the same depending on your address. This state sucks and its farging freezing here to boot!:mad:

I feel your painMASSACHUSETTS SU(KS !!!!

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
yellowFatboy200 said:
And if you don't ride fast, you are a good target.:D
Very true where I hail from...:eek:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I got a new agent, old one retired, and she did a review.
State Farm has a rating on policy holders. I had always been rated an
A. 16 year no claims etc, she upgraded me to AAA
My rates went down just because I was not still considered a Newbie
by the computer system. This may just be an in-house deal with State Farm, but I have had friends check their policy/agent grade with similar results.

Frank

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I have the highest (best) rating available in Massachusetts. Can you imagine what those young kids on the crotch rockets must be paying?:D

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Whythefuck do we stay here?:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.