V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the info i recieved on insurance for a 2003 roadking in around $750.00 a year does anybody have any better rates. this is in indiana

·
Registered
695 Posts
Ouch !! That's a chuck of change. I sure hope you can find a better rate than that.
From what I understand about Insurance rates (not a whole Lot) it's based on your age, your locality, driving record and any deductions the driver can get.
Anyway insurance on a new Harley isn't going to be cheap in any state. I'm not paying that much but it's a whole lot more than I expected.
Good luck and I hope you get the help you need.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Man, that is one thing that I need to check into, O well, another payment:eek:

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
If you are an VET and Progressive can't do better try AUSA, I am over 40 but paying less than $400 a year for the full coverage on '03 Ultra. I have truck and car with them also.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I pay a lot more than that-but I carry 100,000 / 300,000 coverage 'cause I wanted to have the 100,000 uninsured motorist coverage. Roughly three out of five drivers here don't have insurance and the two that do usually carry the bare minimum of 10,000. That ain't sh*t if you get hit by a car. Carrying the higher limits forces my insurance company to kick in the difference up to the limits of my 100,000 if I need it.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I live in massachusetts and have not had a ticket or accident in over 15 years, I also have a 1000 dollar deductible on a bike valued at $22,500 and my nsurance rate is $1,750 dollars per year( I also carry high un-underinshured coverage )

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I've two years 'No Claims' bonus (the max is three) it gets ya money off.
My insurance, just paid yesterday, was £1013 sterling!
Thats about $1,570!!! :eek:

At least wh..if I did a robbery, I di. I'd use a gun! :D

·
Still Serving...U.S. Army
160 Posts
Thealien said:
... $1,750 dollars per year...
OOOWWWWWCH! Almost make you want to quit ridding... NOT! But damn that's painful.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Add to that my car and work truck(work truck has basic insurance)for another $2,000 a year and you can see why I hate insurance companies. I have not had a claim or accident in over 15 years, they're making money from me. The agent I use offers safe drivers an additional 10% off and they are the only company in Mass offering discounts. I can't even get a multi car discount because one of the vehicles is a motorcycle. Liberal politicians, expensive housing, expensive insurance, and idiotic gun laws, when work slows down I am going to take an extended motorcycle trip looking for a friendlier place to live. Anyone know where there's good paying jobs, affordable housing, and good people not next door to a toxic waste dump?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Call the HD Insurance folks, they're just brokers for other companies. They gave me 4 qoutes on a pair of bikes. Best rate came from a company called Guideone. $862 a year for a 00 FXSTB and 03 FLHTCUI. I too have the 100/300K coverage, for the same reasons as 'Fcoxwell' stated. Best of luck.

·
Banned
2,597 Posts
Thealien, no wonder your rates are so hight, you have to pay for all the Kennedys:p Come to Illinois, we have mild winters, fine people, well maybe on the people;) You could not pay me enough money to live up in you neck of the woods, to many Liberals for me:eek:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thealien said:
Anyone know where there's good paying jobs, affordable housing, and good people not next door to a toxic waste dump?

Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia..........Morgan, Berkeley and Jefferson Counties............and if you don't mind a commute the jobs in Maryland pay even better but housing is high in Maryland.

Good Luck!
Cherokee

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I love the coastal states, Maine, New Hampshire are beautiful to ride in, even western Mass has some great roads. I am not too keen on the winters though. I have ridden in Viginia(not west Virginia yet) on some scenic roads, and through Illinois on my way to Sturgis, Hows the rest of the states for motorcycle travel? How is the construction industry in those areas?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Northern Panhandle and surrounding area - mild winters most of the time - construction is booming such as in housing - sevaral goverment agencies in area, VA Hospital, IRS, ATF, Coast Gaurd, U.S. Fish and Wild Life, U.S. Park Service and a whole bunch more if you don't mind a commute into Maryland or Washington D.C - all these goverment workers help the overall economy.

West Virginia has some of the best scenic roads you would ever want to ride.

Later.
Cherokee

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Originally posted by aeads00
the info i recieved on insurance for a 2003 roadking in around $750.00 a year does anybody have any better rates. this is in indiana

Have you tried Dairyland Insurance ? I have an 01 FLHPI & an 01 Sporty insured w/ 100,000/300,000 for about 650.00 a year w/ 500.00 deductible. That's in Kentucky BTW.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts