V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2002 Deuce, im 25 and want minimal coverage. What do you guys think the best way to go as far as insurance is? What should I expect to pay? If you dont mind maybe fill me in on some of your rates for an idea :) Thanks much!

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
If ya financed it, ya have to have full coverage.

·
Registered
629 Posts
JimmyK said:
If ya financed it, ya have to have full coverage.
Yep

·
Registered
29 Posts
TRY DAIRYLAND, THEY SPECIALIZE IN BIKE INS. I HAD THEM FOR YEARS, PROGRESSIVE DOES NOT COMPARE IN PRICE. I HAVE THREE BIKES WITH DAIRYLAND, AND IT COST ME ABOUT $300 A YEAR (ALL HARLEYS)

·
Registered
29 Posts
INSURANCE

TRY DAIRYLAND, THEY SPECIALIZE IN BIKE INS. I HAD THEM FOR YEARS, PROGRESSIVE DOES NOT COMPARE IN PRICE. I HAVE THREE BIKES WITH DAIRYLAND, AND IT COST ME ABOUT $300 A YEAR (ALL HARLEYS)

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Say it again Bill! You have one more bike to go! LOL!

·
Registered
629 Posts
I am using H-D insurance (Universal Underwriters). They were much cheaper then what Progressive quotes.

That whole Progressive quote comparrison is a joke, the companies they compare to are owned by the same place:rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Bill! I'll give em a try, sounds like you got a great deal. You could however, just give me one of your bikes and make everything much easier on me:D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Let's see, I'm insured through State Farm...
10/100/50 k
500 Comprehensive
1000 Collision
30/60k Uninsured
Uninsured property damage

Total premium $198.40 (6 mos)

Reductions:

Safety record $207.40
Good driver $ 49.59
Loyalty $ 5.88

Hey, discounts are discounts......:)

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I pay 180.60 every 6 mos. with Allstate for my 2001 FXDWG. Not too bad..............

Tony

·
Registered
985 Posts
$217.00/6 months - State Farm

100k/300k/50k
Full Coverage, comp,collision,theft - $500 deduct
02 fatboy

keep your receipts for chrome as it is reimbersable also

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Motorcycle Consumer News ran an article about insurance coverage a few months ago. Bottom line: rates vary dramatically by age, location and vehicle.

There is no way to compare the rates on a dollar for dollar basis. One company may be cheaper for one rider while another company may be cheaper for another rider driving the same kind of bike. There is no one best or cheapest motorcycle insurance company.

By the way, Progressive insurances a lot of bikes.

My carrier? USAA 100/300/50 w/500 ded & full coverage--$190/6 months for a 2000 FLHTC. Lisa's 2002 FXDL is $225 for 6 months, same coverage. We live in So Cal, just outside of LA. My neighbor on the other hand is younger, has had some tickets and pays $450 for less coverage.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I am paying about 900 a year for a '00 X1. Perfect record. Guess I should call USAA. I also assume being under 25 has something to do with it (damn stuoid kids on crotch rockets:rolleyes: :p ).

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
PasedenaBro is 100% correct. You cannot do a dolar for dollar comparison.

Here in Houston rates with the same Company for the same rider and bike would vary based on what County you live in.

I too have Dairyland and the rates are great.

Here, get a quote, what could it hurt?

http://www.dairylandins.com/

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I pay $525 p/yr for a 95' Sporty 1200 here in Mass. This state sucks when it comes to insurance. There is no such thing as competition. The insurance commission regulates the rates. I pay higher rates for living in the city. I don't understand it. Living in the city is a higher risk than those living rurally. Hell, they all have to drive to the city to work. Are'nt they more of a risk to me? Just venting...........

·
Registered
629 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am paying roughly $300 a year for my 2002 sporty.
my colleague got a 2001 an his quote from the same insurance (bike line/ markell) was over $700. The reason, he is not married.
Believe it or not being married makes a difference for insurance companies....they think your wife is gonna give you s....t and not let you drive your bike anytime you want to....
I guess having a wife comes handy every once in a while:D
Just kidding of course (maybe).

G
Crazy Italian

1 - 17 of 17 Posts