V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am not very adept at wrenching nor am I knowledgeable about engines. I try to do some things myself when they are simple enough. So my question is what is behind the Derby and points covers and if I replace them myself am I likely to get in trouble? Looks like a simple unscrew and replace job to me but are there any fluids behind the Derby cover? Also I am thinking of installing a Road Zeplin seat. What is involved with that? Will I need to cut and splice any wires or is it a plug in job? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Registered
684 Posts
utrvp, you can replace the covers with no problem. The primary fluid level is well below the opening. If you don't have a service manual, I'd suggest that you get one. It'll pay for itself in no time at all.

As for the Zeplin, I don't know what's involved there. I know some of our members have that seat and will probably offer you some good advice.

·
Registered
305 Posts
utrvp,

The Zepplin seat is a simple plug it into the accessory plug under your seat and start using it - no cutting or splicing required. One thing I'll tell you is the directions say to unbolt your tour-pac and have someone hold it back a few inches to install the seat. Watch out here - the tour-pac WILL fall if they let go.

Cold Rider

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the rapid replies. Dosen't sound like anything outside my limited abilities. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts