V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,046 Posts
I put one on my '05 FLHT, took about four hours. That thing was the best spent money for an accessory that I ever got.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I installed it on my E Glide classic and it is very easy to do. The directions that come with are good. Just becareful when you hook up the clip on the throttle body you can drop it and lose it very easy.Install is a piece of cake and then all you have to do is set the back lash.
Clap

·
harleys_n_laddertrucks
1,013 Posts
Installed it on my 06 EG classic. Took a couple hours taking my time. My wife came out in the garage while I was doing it. She asked "what are you doing now?" I told her and her answer was "I didn't know bikes had cruse control..cool... when are you gonna add a heater, air conditioning and roll up windows?" I called her a smart ass and she left me alone for the rest of the install.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
It's a good DIY project that doesn't require special tools. You will need a 27 Torx to remove the outer fairing.

When you buy the cruise kit, also buy a couple of extra "c" clips; they're cheap, the kit comes with one but it is easily lost when you try to install it--the kit will have the part no. for the clip--long needle nose pliers work well. Also pick-up a couple extra brass ferules for the throttle/idle cables--they too can be easily lost.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
I put it on my 06 street glide and it took a few hours

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Trucky911, instead of the heater a/c etc... I think I will install the convertible top first!

Thanks all for the info, I will order it today!

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
dennish said:
I want to put cruise on my '07 SG. How is it to install? Thanks.
As already mentioned, a couple hours and some patience. I would also say that one thing I did was to relieve the edge of the brackets on the handle bars so the next time I had them off I wouldn't pinch any wires. I would recommend you take your time to find the channel for the wires and make sure the wires are inside the channel. If you do pinch the same wire I did you will not have any speedometer or tachometer or turn signals or, thats all I remember but it did get my attention. Some electrical tape was all the fix it needed after I smoothed the edges of the brackets. Good luck, you can do it.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
07 FLHR - Best money spent...ever! Harley is losing a lot of money not making all bikes to accept electronic cruise control. Every second bike owner would buy it, and either install it (which is very easy if you have some mechanical ability), or have it installed. The weekend warrior can do this job. Make sure your throttle cables are adjusted per the specs., and always perform the cable lash adjustment.

Thorns

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
It's a piece of cake to install. It is a little harder if your kit doesn't come with directions but that shows how easy it is to install. Best I remember I took a look in the service manual for hints. The biggest time is spent routing the larger loom of the right and left switch gear and drilling a couple of holes after removing the battery for the module mount under the left side panel. I really don't think that part is even necessary because it nestles above the fuse panel quite nicely. I do love my cruise control!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts