V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As it has been covered a lot in this forum, I'll keep it brief...

After installing my new Lyndall Gold pads, the "eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" sound has stopped.

I have "cleaned" my brakes with the spray can stuff before, but when you actually take off the calipers, it's amazing how much crap is in there to gum up the parts. On my clutch-side, only one piston was really moving. One can of brake cleaner later, and all 8 pistons were working great.

I'll definitely report back in the next couple thousand miles.

·
Registered
418 Posts
If it's a RK custom.......the screeech will come back..(with a vengence)...the Lyndal z-pads got me about 200 miles before the noise returned.....Harley has admitted to the problem (finally) and your dealer will swap the front rotors. (Have them call or better yet you call customer service...it's on the HD website.) I have about 700 miles since the swap and not even a chirp...

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
I put HD floating rotors on and I havn't herd a peep in 1300mi

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
same here floating rotors and z pads....NO noises and amazing stoping power over stock.....

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a '05 RK Standard. The "eeeeee" didn't really start until I hit 8,000 miles. After it rained or when wet it would "eeeeee" for a little while, then it would stop, but a couple hundred miles ago, it started "eeeeee"-ing something terrible and I couldn't live with it any more.

I would like to put some floating rotors on, but as it is, I'm going to have to wait a while to save up some money. I hope the Gold pads really are "non-squeek" as advertised.

Probably February, the dealer wouldn't be that busy and can put on some chrome legs, some floating rotors, and I'd really like to get some mag wheels. Heck, if I get a bike lift for Christmas, I'll try to do it myself. It would be an excuse to get more tools. :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hope Santa has got you on the good list then....:hmmm: ......Oh well......what he don't know won't hurt him.......:laugh:

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well... it's been over 2000 miles and still not a single peep from the Lyndall Gold pads. Still stops strong, and still looking good. When it's time for new brakes, I will definitely replace with the Gold pads again.

Now if I can just get some sort of compensation for my endorsement, I'd be set. :D

Seriously, if you got the squeek, just change the pads.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I forgot to mention:
I'm still using the stock rotors.

In my previous post, I said that I wanted to put on some floating rotors, and a chrome front end package, but I haven't done either one... but I did (finally) get a bike lift. I just wanted to mention I'm using stock rotors so y'all wouldn't think the "eeeeeeeeeeek" stopped because of a set of new floating rotors. ;)

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
czar said:
Well... it's been over 2000 miles and still not a single peep from the Lyndall Gold pads. Still stops strong, and still looking good. When it's time for new brakes, I will definitely replace with the Gold pads again.

Now if I can just get some sort of compensation for my endorsement, I'd be set. :D

Seriously, if you got the squeek, just change the pads.
even if you don't have the squeeek, just get em to help you STOP!!
I put these things on about 1000 ago and they are ten times better at stopping that big black bitch with my fat ass on her than the stockers!

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I have a FLHRSI and just switching to the Lyndall Z pads did not stop the squeal. Putting floating rotors on did stop it completely. Oddly enough, I have the stock rotor & pads on the rear with no noise at all.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
khollister said:
I have a FLHRSI and just switching to the Lyndall Z pads did not stop the squeal. Putting floating rotors on did stop it completely. Oddly enough, I have the stock rotor & pads on the rear with no noise at all.
The Gold and Z pads are completely different....and the Gold cost twice as much as the Z's.

I've run the gold and was very happy, I will be trying the Z's next.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Seahag said:
The Gold and Z pads are completely different....and the Gold cost twice as much as the Z's.

I've run the gold and was very happy, I will be trying the Z's next.
I didn't realize that, mine are Z+ I think....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts