V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed new rinehart system today on my 04 fatboy. Install was pretty straight forward, no clearance problems. Initially had a couple of questions, called Bub 2x and spoke w/terry on tech line. Phone was actually answered by a real person. He was a big help and gave a couple of good tips to make installation go smoother. This system replace 16 gauge double barrels and though I only rode it a couple of miles, difference is immediately obvious. Better throttle response, much better low/mid range. Engine seems like it is working easier and getting much better performance. Maintains real harley sound. Gained over an inch of clearance as measured w/bike on side stand. Will put on about 75 miles tomorrow and check tightness of everything. Dyno run scheduled in april. Engine is 95, httc heads, pistons, 42 mikini, etc.

·
your ad could be here
380 Posts
oh, NO!!!!

Please don't tell anyone you could tell a difference with a 2:1 (whose headers are tuned to the scavenging of two 45-degree, single crankpin cylinders) over a set of duals! They will tell you it's all in your imagination!

:hystria:

·
Registered
203 Posts
retired lt said:
Installed new rinehart system today on my 04 fatboy. Install was pretty straight forward, no clearance problems. :woohoo: .
Do you happen to have any pictures you can post?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To clarify original post, it is not a 2-1 vs 2-2 post. I just wanted to let you know 1st impressions and how installation went on a new system out in the market. I am sure any well designed system would have aided performance due to what I felt was a restricive muffler system.

·
your ad could be here
380 Posts
thanks, I guess

George C said:
Nevermind that guy.
Post some pics when you get s chance..

Yeah - had enough personal insults here, sorry i let it boil over. I am sure your new pipes will work out for you and good luck and RIDE SAFE

:clap:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quite a bit deeper, louder at idle, but not obnoxious. Comes on strong as you accelerate, especially if you crack throttle, but seems high pitch sound waves have been tuned out. If this helps: as per Bub-95 decibels at idle, 103 db at 2500. Researched an old article: v&h bss-98 at idle, bss w/quiet baffle - 92 decibel ( believe that to also be for 16 gauge double barrels ).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks

Just the info i needed.
Another question: How is the baffle designed? Is it possible to get the afr probe for the dynojet bench through the muffler and collector?

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
gubbjaveln said:
Thanks

Just the info i needed.
Another question: How is the baffle designed? Is it possible to get the afr probe for the dynojet bench through the muffler and collector?
This pipe has a bung for an O2 sensor so it shouldn't matter you should be able to hook up the sniffer through this with a compression fitting.

Joe

·
Registered
32 Posts
Rhiney"s

retired lt said:
Installed new rinehart system today on my 04 fatboy. Install was pretty straight forward, no clearance problems. Initially had a couple of questions, called Bub 2x and spoke w/terry on tech line. Phone was actually answered by a real person. He was a big help and gave a couple of good tips to make installation go smoother. This system replace 16 gauge double barrels and though I only rode it a couple of miles, difference is immediately obvious. Better throttle response, much better low/mid range. Engine seems like it is working easier and getting much better performance. Maintains real harley sound. Gained over an inch of clearance as measured w/bike on side stand. Will put on about 75 miles tomorrow and check tightness of everything. Dyno run scheduled in april. Engine is 95, httc heads, pistons, 42 mikini, etc.
Ya, Just wait til they quack, then you can get the welder out lol.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
skywagon said:
Ya, Just wait til they quack, then you can get the welder out lol.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:huh: I don't get it.

Joe

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Only problem I heard of was with their dresser duals where they had a mounting bracket issue. Supposedly corrected. This 2-1 system does not seem to have much on it to crack: installed it myself-it has headpipe/collector, substantial meg muffler and one piece mounting bracket.

·
Dog is my copilot
85 Posts
pics?

I'm really interested in these pipes for my heritage... if you could post pics I'd love to see them.

Thanks,
Gibby

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
to answer some questions, you can see right through baffle, kind of louver design, one big hole, also has an O2 bung on front headpipe. Re Posting pics, love to: do I have to be a premium member? When it comes to more tech stuff, I'll get help from other 1/2. Will try later today. More I ride w/this exhaust, more I'm liking it.

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
gibby said:
I'm really interested in these pipes for my heritage... if you could post pics I'd love to see them.

Thanks,
Gibby
I just put this pipe on couple of days ago and man what an improvement. Deep rumble without being obnoxiously loud. Sounds like a stock touring exhaust but with attitude. I'll post a couple of pics later today when I get back from riding.

Joe

·
Dog is my copilot
85 Posts
Ditto!! I'm dying to get a look at those. Snowing here, so no ride today for me...:crying:

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Sorry, I got back after dark so I had to take these in the garage.

Joe

1 - 20 of 52 Posts