V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a couple of you guys have installed the Sundowner. I know it's not very hard but it seems like I'm missing a bracket. I have the Solo Sundowner with the detachable passenger pillion. I took the bracket off the stock seat and attached it to the pillion but do not have a way to attach the solo seat by itself. The dealer and instructions say that the bracket for the solo seat is standard with the FLHR. It wasn't in the box and they can't find the part # for it. Any info would be appreciated.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Big E said:
I know a couple of you guys have installed the Sundowner. I know it's not very hard but it seems like I'm missing a bracket. I have the Solo Sundowner with the detachable passenger pillion. I took the bracket off the stock seat and attached it to the pillion but do not have a way to attach the solo seat by itself. The dealer and instructions say that the bracket for the solo seat is standard with the FLHR. It wasn't in the box and they can't find the part # for it. Any info would be appreciated.
It should be the bracket that is bolted to the back of the standard RKC seat. Just unbolt it and bolt it onto the Sundowner.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wkohn, Thanks for getting back to me. The bracket is only standard with the flhr not the flhrci. My dealer solved the problem and sent me the bracket that I needed. My wife also surprised me with my Road King Classic for my 40th!!

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Big E said:
Wkohn, Thanks for getting back to me. The bracket is only standard with the flhr not the flhrci. My dealer solved the problem and sent me the bracket that I needed. My wife also surprised me with my Road King Classic for my 40th!!
Interesting on the seat as I was just looking at one this Saturday. The only thing I could see was that it needed the back bracket. The parts guy told me what I told you. Now I'm wondering where this bracket is that you are talking about and what it looks like.

What color did you get in the FLHRCI and don't we have great wives?

Bill

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
I forgot to ask. What do you think of the Sundowner seat? Did it move you forward or back, up or down on the bike? I'm 6' and wear a 34 to 35 sleeve and just put Dyna Wide Glide bars (56079-93) on my bike and don't want to be moved back or up on the bike after just fixing the handlebar problem I was having.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is no bracket on the stock Road King Classic seat that fits on the Sundowner Solo. The bracket that you screw into the fender on the stock seat comes off and that gets attched to the passenger pillion if you decide to go with that set up. The part that you need for the solo seat is called solo mount bracket. The part #52008-97 given in the instruction sheet according to my dealer did not match the description given when he punched the number in. Very confusing I know. I can tell you this for sure I did not have a bracket and Iwas able to get it. As for comfort and changing my seating position I haven't had a chance to try it out and probably wont until after the winter since the bike is stored away. I do like the look of the solo seat and the rear fender being exposed. I too am 6 ft tall with 32/33 inseam and just from sitting on it it fells fine. The bike is lava red sunglow. Anything I can help you out with feel free to ask.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Mine is Sierra Red and Silver. I think I'm looking at a different seat than yours. I'm looking at the one piece dual seat in the Sundowner. No wonder on the confushion as to the brackets.

·
Registered
2 Posts
wkohn,:whistle: :chopper:
did you get the right bracket already? If so then this is just overkill.I just changed my seat also, I have an 06 RK Classic. I got the sundowner solo. I know it's a hassel, the solo seat Hardware Kit P/N 52903-01.
I got the Sundowner seat that is Styled to complement the Road King Classic saddlebags, it has deep bucket Sundowner Solo Seat features the pleated leather valance and decorative chrome concho . The right bracket is a chrome plate, and you use the hardware that comes with your seat. The black plastic washer goes on the rear fender, and then the chrome spacer, then the bracket. Then you use the acorn nuts that come with your seat.

I hope that helps

Trey:banana:

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Fatboy767 said:
wkohn,:whistle: :chopper:
did you get the right bracket already? If so then this is just overkill.I just changed my seat also, I have an 06 RK Classic. I got the sundowner solo. I know it's a hassel, the solo seat Hardware Kit P/N 52903-01.
I got the Sundowner seat that is Styled to complement the Road King Classic saddlebags, it has deep bucket Sundowner Solo Seat features the pleated leather valance and decorative chrome concho . The right bracket is a chrome plate, and you use the hardware that comes with your seat. The black plastic washer goes on the rear fender, and then the chrome spacer, then the bracket. Then you use the acorn nuts that come with your seat.

I hope that helps

Trey:banana:
I ended up going with a Mustang dual seat. But thanks for the info. Someone else might be able to use it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts