V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all,
I was wondering if anyone knew of a website that has install manuals for Harley accessories? I just bought the auxiliary lighting kit for my Fatboy and guess what? The installation instructions do not explain how to install the mounting bracket if you have a detachable windshield. It only shows a standard install with nothing but an OEM front end. The only reference the instructions make regarding installs with a windshield is "If this lamp kit is to be used with a windshield kit, refer to the windshield instruction sheet for correct mounting sequence." I am going to make an ass out of myself and assume that this statement refers to the install instructions that came with the windshield kit. If that's the case WTF are we supposed to do if we had that installed by the dealership when we bought the bike? Most of us know the dealership doesn't give you anything back unless you specifically ask for it (OEM parts after an upgrade). Please tell me I dont have to pay my dealership $160 in labor to install something I know I am capable of if I had the proper instructions. You'd think Harley would include a thorough set of instructions for what they charge for thier accessories. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6,910 Posts
That's a great site, especially the time book.

I was going to suggest that installation sheets for accessories should be available at your friendly HD dealer's parts counter. That's where I've gotten mine. I like to check out the degree of difficulty before I buy something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts