V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever manage to collect the injector %PWM/RPM/throttle position table profiles for stock vs stage1 ECM calibrations? The factory mapping table correlations could be a big help interpreting what’s really going on between stock and stage1.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Don't know how you would get the stock numbers unless you have a Digital Technician like the stealer, and then it probably isn't broken down for them either. I believe the stock code would be guarded information.

Thorns

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does seem like a well kept secret doesn’t it? All the more for one of our forum geniuses to crack!
I tried to inquire about such numbers directly with Magneti Marelli (for my 99’ RKC), but didn’t get as much as a “privileged information” response. But I suspect it is possible to obtain these numbers with the help of a dyno and perhaps a SERT or PCIII. I know the PCIII software actually displays injector PWM duty along with the other critical info, but unfortunately doesn’t data log. I’ve heard the SERT does data log, but I’m not familiar as to what data it records. DynoJet’s Wideband Commander comes close by offering O2, RPM & throttle position data logging, but no injector PWM. I bet the capability to record all the criteria is available out there somewhere…

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
mlewis said:
I’ve heard the SERT does data log, but I’m not familiar as to what data it records.
From the Sert Manual:

Data Item Descriptions

There are currently 20 data items that Data Mode records for display as follows:

· Engine RPM

· Vehicle Speed

· Throttle Position

· Manifold Pressure

· Air Fuel Ratio (AFR)

· Volumetric Efficiency (Front and rear cylinders)

· Spark Advance (Front and rear cylinders)

· Injector Pulse Width (Front and rear cylinders)

· Battery Voltage

· Engine Temperature

· Intake Air Temperature

· Barometric Pressure

· Idle Air Control Position

· Warm-up Fuel

· Spark Knock Retard

· Acceleration Enrichment

· Deceleration Enleanment

· Engine Running Status Bit

· Vehicle Tipped Status Bit

· VTD Active Status Bit

Additionally, with the oxygen-sensor equipped vehicles there are 4 additional data items that Data Mode records:

· O2 Sensor Voltage (F & R cylinders)

· O2 Integrator Value (F & R cylinders)

· VE New Value (F & R cylinders)

· Feedback Rich / Lean Status Bit
;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts