V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested to know what the average price is for the installation of a stage I 95 or stage II 95 big bore kit on a fuel injected 2003 Fat-Boy? By having either one installed will it effect the warranty? I'm planing on having the Vance and Hines Big Shots exhaust put on as well.

Thanks for any help.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Contact a dealer. They will have the final say if warrenty will be voided. That is a sore spot for some. It seem that each dealer makes it's own rules on that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have two dealers in the area. They with both warranty the Stage 1 kit. Only one will cover the Stage 2 kit. I'm leaning towards the Stage 1 kit for that reason. Besides, it says it's covered in writting in the Harley parts catalog. The downside is that it's just $200 more for the Stage 2. $1600 vs $1800. ($2100 w/pipes) From looking at the graphs you only get about 4 HP more for Stage 2. I'll be watching this thread to hear from the experts.:cool:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
BE CAREFUL ABOUT THE UPGRADE MOST OF THE TIME THIS WILL ONLY BE WARRENTED BY THE DAELER WHO DOES THE INSTALL. SO IF YOU ARE FAR FROM HOME AND HAVE TROUBLE IT WILL MOST LIKELY BE OUT OF POCKET

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Like I said dealer DO MAKE there own rules on the upgrades. The 203 cam is not even wortht he effort. use the 204 or 211. The 211 with a 95 inch kit some head work , will make you close to 100 and 100. Carb EFI will have a bit less HP but TQ will be up slightly. I just did a flhrI with a set of HC pistons a 211 and a thunder header. Race tuner heads where ported SE's went 96 hp and 104 TQ the bike was making over 85 tq at just over 2200. Rides very nice. Good luck

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I said to hell with it and waited till the warrenty ran out so I could do my own work. When it comes to shops around hear the avg mech can do as good of a job and you know what you did.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Whereas, Dealer to Dealer things may differ, The Law is The Law. If a Dealer EVER attempts to give me any BS in a Warranty matter, I will sue the T-Shirt off his back. The way these guys gouge the consumer these days, just because they can, is unacceptable.

Neither modification legally voids the Warranty. Read the terms and conditions of Warranty in The Contract. Also make yourself familure with the Law that Governs and protects consumers in such matters.

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/15/ch50.html

·
Registered
246 Posts
JimmyK said:
Whereas, Dealer to Dealer things may differ, The Law is The Law. If a Dealer EVER attempts to give me any BS in a Warranty matter, I will sue the T-Shirt off his back. The way these guys gouge the consumer these days, just because they can, is unacceptable.

Neither modification legally voids the Warranty. Read the terms and conditions of Warranty in The Contract. Also make yourself familure with the Law that Governs and protects consumers in such matters.

http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/15/ch50.html
WOW, never would have guessed that you would provide that answer. I guess it shows that you shouldn't make assumptions. Thanks for the great tip!:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts