V-Twin Forum banner

Indian Chieftain is outstanding!

23K views 70 replies 26 participants last post by  F4 Customs 
#1 ·
One of the best bikes I have ever rode.

#40 ·
I've heard that Polaris/Indian is bleeding money and actual Indian sales aren't so good, does anyone have any numbers of production? Saw pics of the Indian FTR-1200 production bike and it looks NOTHING like the prototypes or the actual Indian flat track bikes. That would have been something i was interested in, but not if i had to drop it off at Roland Sands shop to make it look like a street tracker.
Tim

#49 · (Edited)
?? Only way to get around in these Parts.
We do own a Bucket and Hose tho!!
Need to be Prepared for some Rugged roads to go to the Folks Place also, Few Miles of Gravel, turns to sand.. exciting on the old GeezerGlide... a Blast on the Ural, and Just another Ride with this Beast...
If you are referring to the "dirt bike mechanic" thing??
The dealerships notoriously make their prime livelihood on Japanese dirt bikes and Polaris off road type vehicles.. and the Mechanics take an extremely nonchalant attitude on such a pricey product.
ie, they generally Suck...

#48 ·
I have one friend with a chieftan and another friend with a FJR. I am happy to go on rides with either of them. Good friends, and good times. I don't care what they ride, and they don't fuss about my HD. The Victory's being discontinued has me a little iffy on the polaris Indian's, but I don't throw rocks at the guys that want to rock em.

#66 ·
No question that the Indian is a beautiful bike. If they had a decent dealer network they might have something. There are 7 HD dealers within 50 miles of me and I live in the sticks. Truth is I have only been in the dealer twice and both times I had to order an object and then go back for it. Better to get it from Denniskirk so it comes to my door.

I like the cool fenders on the Indian, but it looks difficult to change a tire.

#68 ·
You make a Good Point as far as the amount of Dealerships , not sure how far you are from Charlotte but it's known as one of the better ones, maybe even the The Best .. Tire is really not any harder to change than on a HD in some cases easier because of Right Hand Belt Drive ..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.