V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
God created the heavens and earth and sometime afterwords Harley Davidsons.....

Thought it was time I introduced myself I'm medicine woman and I started riding on the back of harley's in the late 60's to the late 70's. I was like this hippie, flower child, biker chick (kinda like wearing leathers with flowers in my hair) living in California always near the beach then transplanted myself to Palm Springs for 18 years and wow after cooking for 17 years in 115 degree weather the little red button on my stomach popped out just like the one's on the butterball turkeys and said I was done. Moved back to Long Beach where I live and work. Always wanted my own bike and was finally able to buy a sportster - 1991 kinda as a starter bike. Hopefully in less than a year I will turn around and sell the sportster and buy a softtail. I am 51 years old and somewhere between the thong bikini and hotflashes I think I 'm gonna pull though. I sure wish I would have had my bike 20 years ago, but come to think about it I was pretty crazy back then and would probably ended up road kill. That reminds me I have a new mantra when I get on my bike and I will share it with you it is: I will not be a hood ornament ... I will not be a hood ornament... Hey you can use it too!! Just rolls off the tongue don't it??? I'm going to get some pictures of me and my bike so you can see I don't look like some old hag about ready to get her 10% senior citizens discount in a few years. I look forward to hearing from everyone .

Medicine Woman (Cruzing not using):) :p :p

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
medicinewoman, you sound like a very cool woman! I think we're going to enjoy your presence here very much. So, don't be a stranger , let us get to know that witty personality of yours better. Thanks for the story and post often.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I will not be a hood ornament...

Welcome aboard,medicinewoman!

I like your style,thanks for the great intro.

"I will not be a hood ornament",I love it!!

Looking forward to your posts.
guido

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Better late than ever. Plus, number don't matter unless it's in reference to displacement. Post often and enjoy yourself. I feel you will fit in just fine! J.T.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hey medicinewoman,
Glad to have you here. I'm new too, but looking forward to getting back in the wind. I'm not quite 50 yet and my OL has had a Northern Ca. lifestyle which mirrors yours. Trying to get her on her own scoot, but she prefers to 2up. You sound like a kindred spirit though. Stay safe.:)

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fearnot69 said:
Welcome to the forum! Better late than ever. Plus, number don't matter unless it's in reference to displacement. J.T.
Fearnot69 - Hey I like your thinking. Thanks everyone, I really enjoy surfing around the forum. It's the best one I've found. Hope to hear alot more from everyone.

Ride Safe....:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts