V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Fred1369 said:
Since 1989 they couldn’t take the proper steps to make her status legal?? I mean come on now I agree it sucks but when do you start to make people accountable for their own actions. Again this is a gamble that people take when the enter this country illegally it is against the law people what part of illegal doesn’t compute. Now if the DOD wants to help expedite this for the Sailor to get his wife legal status then well that’s would be a benefit of serving his country but sympathy for those just hanging out in this country hoping nobody will notice is OVER . No other country in the WORLD tolerates it and neither should the US

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Hmmm, I always thought that marrying a US citizen automatically qualifed you for citzenship? Guess I was wrong.

This guy is just an asshole

"What you're talking about is amnesty for illegal immigrants who have a relative in the armed forces, and that's just outrageous,"
She's not just a "relative" she's his f#cking wife for chrissakes. This guy is serving our country and deporting his wife and son would be wrong...

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shaw_2112 said:
Hmmm, I always thought that marrying a US citizen automatically qualifed you for citzenship? Guess I was wrong.

This guy is just an asshole.
She's not just a "relative" she's his f#cking wife for chrissakes. This guy is serving our country and deporting his wife and son would be wrong...
that's what pisses me off. and I'm not in favor of illegal immigration. I wrote a e-mail to the INS quoting this case. I'm curious to see if I get a response.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Shaw_2112 said:

This guy is just an asshole

Im guessing but he most likely is attempting to gain citizenship through honorable service in the Military{salute(

I guess the quote you had got deleted ?????

·
Banned
3,710 Posts
clouds more cloudy

shaw2112 is right,

like he didn't know she wanted a pass to citizenship. what makes him even more(if possible)stupid.

she's got him to pay all her expenses, yeh,she got pregnant cause she "loves

him" and we are to fall for the 'he's a serviceman/guilt trip' f em both

let out of the navy and he can move to guatamala

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
WHY do they wait until deployment notification to realize that she is here illegally. His job must not require a clearance by being married to her.

I would be currios on why the command never raised any questions before? If he cannot "function" then apply for a hardship and get out of the service since he is unable to deploy. It would be hyporitical to keep him CONUS simply because of the wife's status

"In Gonzalez's case, his wife, Mildred, came to the United States with her mother in 1989 when she was 5 years old. They were granted political asylum because of their status as war refugees from Guatemala.

In September 2000, Mildred's mother applied for legalization and included her daughter in that application. Her mother was granted legal status in July 2004, according to Gonzalez.

However, six weeks earlier, Gonzalez and Mildred got married, canceling Mildred's ability to apply for legal status through her mother because she was no longer an unmarried daughter under the age of 21. As a result, her legal status still remains in jeopardy."

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
just a wild guess

AZFXSTB said:
Im guessing but he most likely is attempting to gain citizenship through honorable service in the Military{salute(

I guess the quote you had got deleted ?????

Just a wild guess or just another posturing of your lack of facts.

·
Registered
746 Posts
toybox99615 said:
Just a wild guess or just another posturing of your lack of facts.
Umm gee "I'm guessing" you think that might be a clue. I went and read the link again and found the following

"Gonzalez himself entered the country legally, crossing the Mexican border with his family when he was about 10. He joined the Navy as a so-called "green-card sailor" and became a U.S. citizen in July 2005. The military does accept some immigrants who aren't U.S. citizens."

So yes he got his citizenship by jointing the US military a perfectly reasonable way to become a citizen..and first and foremost LEGAL. Now I will say in this case at least she was attempting to do something to gain legal status and not just flying under the radar as most do. Speaking of Facts here is another little one. In the 3 counties that border Mexico in Arizona we had a 82% increase this year of people applying for legal status it went up to almost 4k people, the USBP estimates that over 250,000 cross illegally each year in those same counties...think there might be something wrong? Btw did you watch the Youtube link? No comment on that??

Nice try, wonder if you stink if poked????
~!Awesome!

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
There are ALOT of women in other countries that marry US military men to get a pass into the US from the shitholes they live in, and soon after arriving on US soil the marriage starts to fall apart.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
watchful eyes over that issue

sthorp said:
There are ALOT of women in other countries that marry US military men to get a pass into the US from the shitholes they live in, and soon after arriving on US soil the marriage starts to fall apart.

While other immigration issues seem to fall apart the getting married and getting citizenship is still one factor of citizenship they follow up on. Should you simply split the sheets you'll find the citizenship gone if you were married less than three years. Meanwhile there is a lot of guys who couldn't get a partner without the green card to give away. :laugh:

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
The U.S. military does not have a policy to deal with such cases. Each is handled case-by-case, not by the military, but by immigration authorities.

No way she gets deported. Same thing happed a few weeks ago. She got her card.

In other news...

Governor Eliot Spitzer (D-New York) Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Commissioner David Swarts today announced an administrative policy change that will give all New Yorkers the opportunity to apply for state driver licenses without regard to immigration status.
http://www.ny.gov/governor/press/0921071.html

Assembly Minority Leader James Tedisco (R-Schenectady) Wednesday said Gov. Eliot Spitzer is breaking the law if he moves forward with a plan to give undocumented immigrants access to driver's licenses.

Calling the plan "reckless," Tedisco promised to file suit against Spitzer this month, saying the governor would be violating a state law requiring driver's license applicants to have a Social Security number.

http://www.newsday.com/news/local/state/am-license1004,0,3135378.story?coll=ny_home_rail_headlines

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
citizenship by military service

It seems some of you posters on this threat are implying the practice of join the military as a way to earn citizenship is against your likeing. I don't understand your feelings: first you cry people should earn citizenship by serving then you slam the system that does just that.

Looks like this guy in question followed the policy and is now getting some resistance to getting the benefits of citizenship.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
toybox99615 said:
It seems some of you posters on this threat are implying the practice of join the military as a way to earn citizenship is against your likeing. I don't understand your feelings: first you cry people should earn citizenship by serving then you slam the system that does just that.

Looks like this guy in question followed the policy and is now getting some resistance to getting the benefits of citizenship.
I don't think illegally entering the country and then joining the military is reasonable way to gain citizenship. I have freinds that jumped through all the LEGAL requirements of becoming American Citizens, and THEN went into the military. That is the way it should be done.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
then change the rules

DJW said:
I don't think illegally entering the country and then joining the military is reasonable way to gain citizenship. I have freinds that jumped through all the LEGAL requirements of becoming American Citizens, and THEN went into the military. That is the way it should be done.

If you feel strong about the current rules being wrong than get active with some group who wants to change the rules. But the current rules allowed this guy the opportunity to become a citizen by joining. Now you want the rules changes so they ability to gain citizenship does not apply. Maybe they should change a lot of the other rules and policies while the change that one.

·
Registered
746 Posts
DJW said:
DJW, not to be an Arse here but go back and read the link he entered legally with his family when he was 10, he did NOTHING wrong and has earned his citizenship by serving this country. As strongly as I feel about illegal immigration it is a fine line we MUST walk and insure that we do not assume. I have a Mexican (Who was naturalized) x-wife my children are bilingual and my current girlfriend is Hispanic (But don't make the mistake of calling her Mexican she will give you an earful)and she worries everyday that she and her children will be mistaken for Illegals by someone who has turned this into a race thing. I have that same fear but I will say this, if it happens with me there god himself will not be able to help them. At the same time we both believe illegals have NO rights in this country other than basic human rights they are breaking the law period.

This is something that sums up how I feel and the sad thing is it was not from an American president but I wish it had been

"Prime Minister John Howard - Australia
Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to
get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head
off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to
Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John
Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a
crackdown.

Separately, Howard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: "IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in
patriotism by the majority of Australians."

"However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the 'politically
correct' crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism
was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge
against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Australia."

"However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our
country, and apparently some born here, need to understand." "This idea of
Australia being a multi-cultural community has served only to dilute our
sovereignty and our national identity. And as Australians, we have our own
culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle."

"This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and
victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom."

"We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese,
Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our
society, learn the language!"

"Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing,
political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian
principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is
certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God
offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your
new home, because God is part of our culture."

"We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that
you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us."
"If the Southern Cross offends you, or you don't like "A Fair Go", then you
should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are
happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't
care how you did things where you came from. By all means, keep your
culture, but do not force it on others.

"This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you
every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining,
whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or
Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great
Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'."

"If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You
asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted."
Prime Minister John Howard - Australia"

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Screw the marriage amendment to the Constitution. This should be our next Amendment.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Fred1369 said:
Screw the marriage amendment to the Constitution. This should be our next Amendment.
I couldn't agree more with anything posted here...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts