V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have one. The headset sounds better then the Harley one (at less then half the cost!), and does not distort as quick as the Harley one. Mike sounds better also.

The only problem I have is there is no adjustments for the piece that goes around the back of your head. One size does not fit all.

But for half helmets, I think it is the best one currently available.

·
Cheesehead
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HeliMark said:
I have one. The headset sounds better then the Harley one (at less then half the cost!), and does not distort as quick as the Harley one. Mike sounds better also.

The only problem I have is there is no adjustments for the piece that goes around the back of your head. One size does not fit all.

But for half helmets, I think it is the best one currently available.
Thanks HeliMark, I figured it would have to sound better as the speakers are touching your ears. Are they ear cups or flat foam? I was wondering about fit also, thanks.

Jeff

·
Registered
31 Posts
Flat foam. The problem I have is when I do not have the leather curtain that covers the ears on, the back piece bumps down and the part around the ear pinches.

I wish some one would come out with a set up that attaches the mic to the helmet and has a wire that goes to a speaker in some ear pieces. The speaker in the ear pieces has been around for about 5 years in aviation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a pair of these and I can't get them to break VOX on intercom on my 04 Ultra. I changed the the setting to 14 and the only way it will work is if I whistle first. If I set it to 15 then they work but they are engaged all of the time. Are there any secrets to getting these to work?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Bringing this one back up for another round.

I am considering getting one (or 2) of these but would like to know how they work without the helmet. Basically a group of us are going to Sturgis this year and I am considering getting 2 so I either have one for a passenger or to let a buddy use one for the trailing bike. I am probably going to bring my helmet for the ride but will probably not wear it unless we have a bout of bad weather. My helmet is a 3/4 face with the Harley headset but I am looking for a way to communicate when not wearing my helmet...

Any feedback would be great.

Here is the link again as Sierra seems to change the link every other month or so...
http://www.sierra-mc.com/proddetail.asp?prod=IMC-HS-H40U

·
Finally
839 Posts
I have a pair of these and I can't get them to break VOX on intercom on my 04 Ultra. I changed the the setting to 14 and the only way it will work is if I whistle first. If I set it to 15 then they work but they are engaged all of the time. Are there any secrets to getting these to work?
The older model will not work with the intercom as you mentioned. Something about the power. The new models are suppose to work just fine. My wife refuses to wear a headset which is probably a good thing so I have not tried the intercom with the new model. I have tried other setups and I always go back this setup.

One thing I did was on the earpiece where the wire runs was to take some 600 grit paper to the rough edges and rounded them off. That took care of the digging into the top of your ear issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts