V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
One born every minute

"You are bidding on the right to purchase this bike. I ordered a long time ago from the dealer. ***You will need to pay the dealer plus your ebay bid amount.*** Wire transfer to dealer and myself. Price does not include cost of delivery".

Unbelievable

·
Registered
477 Posts
e bay vrod

If their so damned stupid as not to fully read before placing a bid for a expensive motorcycle then shame on them. It clearly states "the right to purchase" down the page. It further states "you must pay ebay fee and dealer" to purchase, how much clearer must one be? Or maybe the dumb a$$ is willing to pay $34,000+ for a "aniversary 2003 VROD". ROFL.

·
Registered
515 Posts
The purchaser might be a dumb a$$, but it certainly seems to be intentionally deceptive.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's up to $10,300 with 6 days to go!

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
otterbob said:
not that you should have to, but you should warn the idiots that are bidding on it.
I thought about that but I don't know if it would go against any ebay policies

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just checked again and the high bidder (currently $13,600) just sold 3 Harley's since July so I would figure he knows the ebay game

·
Registered
629 Posts
Do you read the entire contract before you sign your name? eBay should be treated the same way.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
n8370c said:

I thought about that but I don't know if it would go against any ebay policies
It may go against policy but I went ahead and e-mailed the $10,300 high bidder. He replied back and was very thankful so obviously he didn't read the whole add. I'm not going to e-mail anymore of them though, you can't save everybody. The worst thing that could happen to a buyer is they get a negative comment when they retract their bid.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
95 FXST said:

It may go against policy but I went ahead and e-mailed the $10,300 high bidder. He replied back and was very thankful so obviously he didn't read the whole add. I'm not going to e-mail anymore of them though, you can't save everybody. The worst thing that could happen to a buyer is they get a negative comment when they retract their bid.
Heh, so did I,
I felt sorry for the guy and then as soon as I sent the heads up I felt like I just stuck my nose in somebody elses business.:confused:
Oh well, I bet we see this one re listed after the auction ends because of the high bidder backing out:p

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Okay, it's up to $15,300! I can't believe people bid that kind of money without even reading the entire auction they're bidding on. I've bought and sold a bike on ebay and both when I bought and I when I posted my auction to sell, I scrutinized every damn word! And that was for 2 grand motorcycle, not a 20 grand one!

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I Can't stand it!!!

mdrsteve said:
Okay, it's up to $15,300! I can't believe people bid that kind of money without even reading the entire auction they're bidding on. I've bought and sold a bike on ebay and both when I bought and I when I posted my auction to sell, I scrutinized every damn word! And that was for 2 grand motorcycle, not a 20 grand one!
I just emailed the high bidder asking if he really wanted to pay $40,000 for a $19,000 bike. Maybe he wants to buy my Vette too, so I can finally get MY Harley:D

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I don't know what it would be called, but there has to be something illegal about this. I'm all for making money but this is crazy. This guy wants $15,000+ for nothing. I think I will place my own ad: You are bidding on the right to keep your next paycheck....

·
Registered
86 Posts
When the poor biddin fool figures out what he has done, the seller will offer to not give negative feedback for a price. Sure it will relist. Makes you wonder if he is really in line for a new v-rod.

·
Registered
477 Posts
ebay fools

As I stated before, anybody who bids on any item of substantial cost such as this VROD and fails to read every word, all the conditions of sale is a damn FOOL. And if they have read conditions and still bid $5000+, they are obviously too ignorant to manage any appreciable sums of currency, enter into any contract. Its not deceptive, it states clearly its the "opportunity to purchase", and ebay bid and dealer must be paid $24000+. It is somewhat opportunistic but as the man said above, "there's a sucker born every minute". I think I'm going to list on Ebay the "opportunity to wash a VROD", minimum bid $1000. Some of those ebay fools would probably run that up too.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Polizzio, you are correct, let the buyer beware, but, I would bet that the seller asked the advice of trial lawyer.

JMS

1 - 20 of 34 Posts