V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just rode home my new RC... Classic and the wife hates the color.... So it's the custom paint of purple, silver and yellow pin strip.... Called the radical "Splash" paint set.... I thought it really looked great but the wife just hew-hawed to no end... there were tears in her eyes from loughing so hard.... There are tears in my eyes also but for a different reason... Really makes me feel kinda sick that she doesn't care for my choice.... She refuses to ride on it... Says it's too radical and wouldn't be on anything that doesn't look like a real motorcycle....... Too late, it's my bike now and feel that maby I made a big mistake and should have stayed consertative with colors.... Guess I can watch ebay for sheet metal in the future....

Sorry to rant.... err ramble... but have to do something to rid myself of this deep depressive feeling that is growing in me...

Nice bike none the less.... an eye sore for her..
What a mess I feel that I'm in.....:(

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
yzf996fxdwg said:
hmmmm, one of em's got to go.......you really like the bike eh?

When I read the post I was thinking what he said.....

If she really cares about you she would ride it no matter what color it is. I'm sure you're going to miss her ;)

give it time.....

·
Registered
515 Posts
That's what I was thinking. One is harder to get than another.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I just looked up your paint in the catolog and your wife (Pardon me) is NUTS!!!!!!!!! Be glad she doesn't want to ride with you, with an attitude like that she wouldn't be any fun anyway. :)

Awsome paint!! Keep it!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
And the point is! As was once said "there are two ways to deal with a woman and neither one works!!" If you like it ride it, the hell with the rest!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ultra.... I like your signature... Plane, simple and to the point... As a 30 retired Vet I agree.... My son is now a Vet and has been serving his country for over 6 year now..

Back to the color issue.... Thanks for the replies.. make me feel a little better maybe she'll come around when everyone else can make a "Positive" commment..

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
TELL HER JUST TO GET HANG ON AND GO FOR A RIDE. FROM HER VIEW POINT SHE WONT SEE THE COLOR ANYWAY. IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL ANT BETTER MY WIFE DID NOT LIKE THE CHANGES TO MY BIKE EITHER-AT FIRST.

·
: Þ
341 Posts
great color. Once she starts hearing your friends and others you meet tell you how awesome it is, she will come around. Enjoy it!!

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
.....my .02 worth..........it's cheaper to keep both....she'll come around.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Have the local hippi-store make her a tie-dyed shirt to match your paint job - bet it works.

·
Registered
659 Posts
You gotta ride one of them - hopefully she gets past her colour rant and gets on the back!!
Enjoy ... you've got a great ride!
BigG

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Doug, post a pic. Personally I think she'll get used to it, but quite frankly I think her intial reaction was kind of extreme. Since she doesn't want to ride on the bike, she should get her own.

·
Registered
903 Posts
She will come around. Thats a great color scheme and when everyone around is looking, giving thumbs up, and telling you how great it looks it'll grow on her.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Tell er this:

You: So, ya don't like the bike eh?

Her: No it is a BS Sissy Color!

You: Oh Yea?

Her: YEA!

You: Oh Ok

Then be as polite as you can and make an offer.

She will get pissed and ya just saved $185 on a ***** Pad.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Screw it
It more fun with no one on the back bitchin anyway.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Please apply the logic of Brad Paisley's award winning "The Fishing Song" to this situation!:D :cool: :D :eek:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the comments and support guys.... Great come-backs to use on her.... and others.. After a few days of ownership of this purple "splash" paint set.. "I like it even more then before" The paint set is on a RK Classic with WW Tires and I think that's what's drawing her negative opnion on the overall apperance.... She is now calling it a "Pat Boon" RK Special Edition.... When you think about it... It's kinda nice knowing the bike may have a personality of it's own and stands out from the general population of "standard paint scheems".... On the other hand... She like the Gunmetal paint on my Sportster. Guess she a plain Jane type person.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts