V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, everyone.

I hear you all talking about how in the past, the oldtimers would take the new riders under their wing and teach 'em what they can....

So now I got my bike... where are all you greybeards in Chicagoland?

Someone come teach me....

I watched the "welcome to the family" video and aside from it being worse than the 20 year old MSF videos, amazingly didn't teach me near as much as the dealer said it would.... pretty much seemed like one big infomercial to me (sarcasm is just flowing, can ya tell?)

--John

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Teke963 said:
Ok, everyone.
I hear you all talking about how in the past, the oldtimers would take the new riders under their wing and teach 'em what they can....

So now I got my bike... where are all you greybeards in Chicagoland?
--John
I'm sure a Gandalf or two'll magically pop up soon.....then again, one thing words on the net and......:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just so everyone knows..... I didn't mean any disrespect.

(don't know if I took your post the wrong way harleyhog, but I'm pretty sure I did)

See ya on the road
(I'll be the one going under the speed limit)

--John

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Re: Re: I'm ready now

harleyhog said:

I'm sure a Gandalf or two'll magically pop up soon....D
Gandalf (wizard, Lord of the rings),= Greybeard. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
harleyhog... that was my second thought... at first I thought maybe you were being sarcastic as in.... "just hope for someone and someone with magically appear"

It's all good

:)

--John

PS. I may be young, but I know Gandalf from the bookss ;)

·
Registered
629 Posts
Statistically, you are best off taking the MSF beginner and advanced classes, then learning the rest on your own.

But it is nice to ride with a few others from time to time.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I took the MSF Beginner course.... but i'm sure there are little tricks that experience will teach. I'll end up doing most of my riding alone. Most of my friends are afraid of motorcycles. Just looking for someone to slap me upside the head when I do stuff wrong. ;)

·
Registered
22,089 Posts
Teke963 said:
slap me upside the head when I do stuff wrong. ;)
HEY THAT'S MY JOB!!!!-
signed, the Road.

Keep your helmet on! and for god's sake if you haven't dumped a few dirt bikes PLEASE go dirt bike riding!!!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DJW,

Don't worry, I won't be riding without the helmet for quite a while, if not forever.... and I had the joy of dropping quite a few dirtbikes, especially in wet pastures in Iowa, unfortunately once not long after the cows had put brought back in :( Let's just say it was a stinky ride home, luckily not in my car :)

And V-Rod-Buell, I gues I'll accept platinum blonde as close enough, but I was kinda hoping for someone a little close to Chicago than Texas.... let me know if ya decide to relocate ;) lol until then you can be my long-distance teacher-- for all the times I ride while online :)

--John

1 - 11 of 11 Posts