V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my 2003 Heritage Springer on order for three months now. It was due to arrive in October. This was pushed back until November 6th because of the paint problem with the two tone. I was to have my bike last week. I went in last Friday to pick it up . It hadn't even been shipped.
Got a call from the dealer today. Now there saying there is a problem with Springer front ends, and this could delay the bike's build date another eight weeks. I cant begin to tell you how pissed I am.
If anyone has a Springer on order expect another delay!

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
A word of encouragement for you... Hang in there Polar...!!! I do understand your frustration... One of those things we have no control over.. though... especially when your told a certain date.. and it Pi$$es ya off big time... It'll be here soon... and you'll forget about all this waiting...Guess I'm lucky ..every thing my stealer has told me has been correct... ship date 11/6/02 and it got in a couple days later... now if it would stop raining long enough for me to bring her home!! good luck

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Polar,

Sorry to here about your problems, you can look at it this way. Would you rather have them ship it and not be happy with the paint and have your bike at the dealer while they ship your sheetmetal back, or worse yet you crash because of a defective front end. I feel your pain, It will be worth it in the end. Patience my friend at least you've got the "forum". Good luck with the waiting.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all.
I do appreciate the words of encouragement.
And it is true we can ride year round around here.
My dealer has been nothing but helpful. They are at this minute looking through the network to see if by some chance there is one sitting on the floor at another dealership.
I'm hoping

1 - 8 of 8 Posts