V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a new 2006 Road King Classic FLHRCI and did a SE 95 inch conversion, but I exchanged the 203 cam with 211 cam, thinking that since I wanted to run with the Reinhart true duels (love the sound) this cam would make up for the loss due to no back pressure. Boy I must be a big dummy. This set up makes for a great bar hopper and I get about 42 mpg around town, but at speeds in excess of 70 mph my milage has dropped to 30-35 mpg and it has NO top end.

I also have the SE 6 speed gear set installed in the 5 speed case and I also did the SE race tuner kit.

It still has stock heads and compression ratio.

I think I have thrown away a bunch of money on my little experiment.

Anybody have any suggestions on how to salvage this mess I've made?

I'm looking to have good upper end 2 up preformance for long distance Interstate crusing. Fuel economy isn't that important but 30 mpg is just too low even for a speed freak like me.

Thanks for any help in advance. Tucson Big Jim: beatdh:

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
While the way you describe the symphtoms doesn't quite match what one would expect, within it's limitations, the one real major flaw is that the 211 cams require a much higher compression ratio then what you have. The one thing that would fix it at dealer level is a set of SE performance heads and a good tuner.

Often 06 bikes also require upgraded injectors.

The dealer in Tucson doesn't have the best rep in general and with performance work in particular, to put it mildly.
In the end you may have to visit one of a couple performance shops in the Phoenix area.

·
Registered
450 Posts
With the 6 speed you SHOULD BE getting better than that so the suggestion that the tune isn't right for your bike --yet MAY be the answer to all of your problems.

Do you know what your Torque, Horsepower and AFR numbers are now??

I would look inot that before you send another dime. Maybe there is a good AUTHORIZED DynaJet facility close to you now.

a couple of runs just may give you a starting point and cost $65 or so WITHOUT them fixing anything UNLESS YOU want them to.

Regards

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I agree with Hippo that cam is need of some COMPRESSION A fix is either a cam swap or adding a set of h/c pistons. For a bagger and if you are using the se lineof cams I would suggest the 204, that would be the cheapest way, however if you want more power and keep the 211 you need 10.1 comp ratio and head work to really pull the potenial from that cam. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts