V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1986 FXRSC #3/1250 Original Owner
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Dad passed away a couple weeks ago. I'm looking to donate furniture ,dishes,clothing,tools, etc to get home cleaned out. Dad was Air force in Korean War and would like if his stuff went to help a fellow vet. If anyone knows of a place that takes donations or a person or person's that are in need let me know Veteran or otherwise. Home is located in Daytona Beach Fl. Dad was extremely neat so everything is in great condition.

·
Registered
2004 FLHTI
749 Posts
Sorry for you loss brother. If you can't fine individuals to donate to, there are veterans organizations that will come and get it. Here's one I've used before, Vietnam Veterans Donation Pick Up – DonationTown I'm sure there are others and this one could probably point you in the right direction if they don't work in your area. Another option is habitat for humanity but I've heard they are shying away from used stuff since the pandemic hit.

Sorry for you loss brother.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Try to find out if there is an organization that places homeless persons in their own home. Such an organization will accept furnishing donations. We have one in the Hartford CT area called Journey Home.

·
Registered
2013 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
96 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss, Thanksgiving makes it very difficult give thanks.
Since my brother and mother passed I give to Hospice, They took care of mom and my bother Very good.
Some day Hospice will have to care for me and the wife also.

·
Registered
12,008 Posts
Funny what we keep from our parents. Of course my wife got my mom's jewelry, but I kept the Fenwick fishing rod she caught drift fishing off Atlantic City. I kept all my father's guns and an ICW marker he had in his back yard that he dragged out the river after a hurricane. Everything else went to the Salvation Army as I lived at one for 2 months in Delaware and have sent them a bit of money over the years. I would find a local vets organization and visit with a bunch of pictures and ask them.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1986 FXRSC #3/1250 Original Owner
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Happy Thanksgiving Giving to everyone. Thank for your condolences and suggestions. I Heard AmVets will pick up stuff also. I will start making calls tomorrow.
Dad was 89 and live alone and was self sufficient right to the end. He cut his own lawn even drove himself to the hospital when he was having a heart attack on election night. He did not end up in a nursing home and Im grateful for that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts