V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a police High Output 103. I was talking to a mechanic and I was telling him that I wanted a stage three kit and some V and H pipes. The mechanic told me that the HO police 103 comes with a stage three kit and all I need to do is add some slip-ons and that should do it. Somebody can you please tell me if that's true because I want to add some hp and speed to my bike. Also some info on what slip-ons would be good to give it a good quality sound. I'm working on a peace officer salary which means strict budget!

·
Make me use my bullet?
12,634 Posts
Sounds like BS to me. You may want to give a little more info about the bike in question.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I have a police High Output 103. I was talking to a mechanic and I was telling him that I wanted a stage three kit and some V and H pipes. The mechanic told me that the HO police 103 comes with a stage three kit and all I need to do is add some slip-ons and that should do it. Somebody can you please tell me if that's true because I want to add some hp and speed to my bike. Also some info on what slip-ons would be good to give it a good quality sound. I'm working on a peace officer salary which means strict budget!

Was the mechanic from MOCO or a indie?

What year and model scoot you talking about?

·
Super Moderator
19,398 Posts
Police high output?

That's some serious Bullshit right there. Better stop talking to the wrenches who work at the lumber yard.

Past that, a stage three kit is exhaust, air breather, cams, and over sized jugs. Which it sounds as if you have none of.

The 103 HO's were not much to begin with. 4 pound foot of torque over a regular 103. That was mostly from slight cam change.

Now if the wrench was talking about a SE 103, that's another story. But I doubt they ever put those in police scooters.

What scooter are we talking about, 2012 or newer with a 103? 2014 or newer?

·
not sober all the time
5,107 Posts
Okay Hmmmmmm is not an answer. Please give detailed answers lol.
You could start with a few details yourself, like the year and model. Also, you want to add "some" HP and speed, on a "strict" budget? What's "some" and "strict?" Is peace officer salary kinda like garbage collector salary or teacher salary or something? And I have no idea what good quality sound is to your ears but I like my Crusher Mellow 505 mufflers on a touring bike but they don't make them any more. They're pretty "mellow" but have a little rumble too. Maybe you could find a set of used ones in good shape.

If it were me I'd drop the stage number BS. Just tell the mechanic how much power you want and see how much he wants to get it.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't have been the only one saying that in their head dammit.

As stated above, outline what you exactly have, and what you are looking to spend, then a plan of what you could do with what to expect from it could be supplied. and Im not sure where you are located but the "peace" officers here in CA make good six figures with all their BS overtime.................

·
Registered
412 Posts
Duhhhhhhhh. Strict budget, what's that? You need to realize that the toy you decided to play with is like a drug addict. It will lie, cheat, and steal from your "strict budget" to get what "it " wants. And it's never enough.

I'd advise you to just save your money for now, ride what you got. Even that will suck a surprising amount of coin out of your pocket. Over time, you will glean enough knowledge to be able to make your own decisions about what you want, instead of being swayed by whatever opinion somebody out there tells you.

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Duhhhhhhhh. Strict budget, what's that? You need to realize that the toy you decided to play with is like a drug addict. It will lie, cheat, and steal from your "strict budget" to get what "it " wants. And it's never enough.

I'd advise you to just save your money for now, ride what you got. Even that will suck a surprising amount of coin out of your pocket. Over time, you will glean enough knowledge to be able to make your own decisions about what you want, instead of being swayed by whatever opinion somebody out there tells you.

Facts!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts

I think that is the only questioning any fo that. The answer is no. Not true.

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
You have a 103, that's it, the ho had a slightly and not much different cam. A little more torque than the standard 103. The truth. Stage 3 anything harley is a waste of money in my opinion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Call Wes Brown at Cycle Rama do his CR575 cam have him match the heads put a high flow air cleaner on it Reinhart pipes and a good tune. It will ROCK. You'll use up your Professional curtsey Quick LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Call Wes Brown at Cycle Rama do his CR575 cam have him match the heads put a high flow air cleaner on it Reinhart pipes and a good tune. It will ROCK. You'll use up your Professional curtsey Quick LOL
Hey forgot to mention a set of 0,030 Cometic head gaskets

·
Premium Member
4,404 Posts
I’m with Jake here.

A lot of “expert mechanics” get away with flinging bullshit around because people believe what they want to believe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts