V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I've been scouring the net looking for a specific sound. A buddy of mine had a set of pipes on his 2000 RK Classic that I realy realy want! He has sold the bike since, so i can not go to it for reference. My bud cant remember what he stuck with so im screwed. He claims they where Vance & Hines. These are the facts below on the pipes, that i know of.

- Vance and Hines
- Chrome
- Slip Ons
- Fit a Road King Classic
- Outer diameter is 2-1/4 inches
- They are cut straight (no fancy edge or tip on it)
- Stick out past the hard bags about 2 to 3 inches
- Allow for baffle changing and/or adjustment of fiberglass wrapping

I think that about sums up all i know of these mystery pipes. If anyone has anyclue about what set i speak of, PLEASE help me. Every V&H pipe i have looked at are either bigger diameter or have some fancy bevel or tip on the end. His bike had the sound i want. I even know how many wraps of fiberglass he used. lol. I just havent been able to find them myself. TIA!!

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
i searched their website as i am sure you did....I think they must either be a really old discontinued style or not V+H. I have old DRAG books at work i will check them out for you. If i come up with something i will let you know. I would take a look at www.samsonusa.com they have 2 muffler there that seem really close to your description. If not then go to a local biker hangout and listen to all the pipes.....you would be suprised how many people ask me about my ovals...keep your ears open.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx TXCHOP, I appreciate the effort! :) I'll do as you suggested. I've been searching for these pipes for a while now. I'm close to throwing in the towel and look for something else. This is going to be my last attempt to find them. I really liked the sound and trying to duplicate it has turned into mission impossible. Thanx for your help. ;)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx a ton brownjams. I'll check those links out. Right now my scoot has Porker pipes by White Bros. They are bigger diameter than the pipes i'm looking for. They look good but the sound needs a little improving. This exhaust search is exhausting (pun intended). Thanx for the advice! :D

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
SiLlY said:
Thanx a ton brownjams. I'll check those links out. Right now my scoot has Porker pipes by White Bros. They are bigger diameter than the pipes i'm looking for. They look good but the sound needs a little improving. This exhaust search is exhausting (pun intended). Thanx for the advice! :D
Engine mods have a significant impact on sound. High comp, large overlap cams and displacement creates an almost unique sound in combination with exhaust system choices. Even if you can lay your hands on exactly the set of pipes your buddy ran, they may sound differently on your scoot. I guess I am saying don't get too worked up about it as you may never get it.......

But the pleasure is in the hunt..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts