V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished a two month tear down on my ride. I tore that thing down and did EveryThing that I would ever want to do to it. I finally rode quite a bit this weekend and it is sweet.

Yet, here I sit, making a list of parts that I just gotta have.....

Amazing:wacko:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
have someone hide your parts books and stop going to the dealer, oh not to mention stay away from online shopping for parts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the same problem, but worse. I want to get new parts/engine work to my current bike and I want every other cool bike out there...

I wish you guys would stop showing pictures of your bikes.. You are not helping my situation. (just kidding... keep the pictures of your bikes coming).

·
Registered
60 Posts
brownjams said:
have someone hide your parts books and stop going to the dealer, oh not to mention stay away from online shopping for parts.
Also, stay away from Bike Nights, Bike Shows, motorcycle TV shows, riding with your friends... (I still don't think it will help).

·
?????
3,531 Posts
Just when you think you've done everything there is to do and bought everything you could want, you manage to find something else. I suffer from the same addiction, I have the SE book the P&A book along with the Andrews and Woods catalogs and a few others strategically placed by the crapper so I can study and figure out whats next on my list. Its a sickness that is tough to shake.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
I'm setting up a 12 step program for this addiction/obsession...

Just as soon as I am able to quit...:blink:

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
i hate when you change something and a year or two down the road, you want to change it again.....Exhaust is a good example...I went through 3 sets in 1 1/2 years on my fatboy......like a grand down the drain. Oh another example, although its not a big dollar part but the turn signal trim rings....All 3bikes in my family got them. Then h-d came out with the newer visor trim rings and we all switched to those......Got six of them in the garage..... it is a sickness

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Welcome to the club. :cool:

You know you have it bad when you can rationalize ripping into it again for those few extra ft lbs :hystria:

:cheers:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just finished a two month tear down on my ride. I tore that thing down and did EveryThing that I would ever want to do to it.
I'm just finishing week one right NOW? As I'm doing this I'm selling crap on Ebay so I can keep the "improvments" arrriving.:)

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ka-Ka said:
I'm just finishing week one right NOW? As I'm doing this I'm selling crap on Ebay so I can keep the "improvments" arrriving.:)
I know what you mean. I get really upset if I don't see the UPS man every afternoon...like a little brown santa clause....

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
michael101 said:
I just finished a two month tear down on my ride. I tore that thing down and did EveryThing that I would ever want to do to it. I finally rode quite a bit this weekend and it is sweet.

Yet, here I sit, making a list of parts that I just gotta have.....

Amazing:wacko:
:welcome:WELCOME TO THE CLUB !!!!!!:welcome:

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Been riding my new build for a month(between raindrops) now and couldn't be happier!!! It has more power than anyone could ever need....
hmmmm, or does it, hmmm
lets see if I just had that 98 inch kit...
hmm, oh yeah and those woods 5G cams...
oh yeah and those baisley heads and roller rockers....
hmm, and that RB LSR exhaust.....
yea, that's all I need...
Ok, maybe a closed loop EFI system...

and lets see, and some shiney stuff.....
yea, all chrome front end would look good on my bike! yeh!
and....
and....
and

Will there be meetings in my neighborhood? Then I'd just find out about more stuff I need! The 12 step program won't work!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's funny, here I thought I was the only one:whistle: . I am still amazed at how fast and furious the bug bites after buying a new bike. I told my wife and all my friends that a stock Harley would suit me just fine, I don't need to supe it up........so I lied, big deal.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Missed the first quarter of the super bowl yesterday because for some reason it wouldn't come down off the jack.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
I think the fun thing about keeping one particular bike is enjoying what you did to it for a while and then do something else. Whatever makes you enjoy your ride is what it takes. I think it is better to change one bike and make it nice than buy, change, sell bike for huge loss, buy change, sell start over.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
machinist said:
Missed the first quarter of the super bowl yesterday because for some reason it wouldn't come down off the jack.
Hey! Ya' can't leave us hangin' like that. It didn't take 30 min to figure out that the safety catch/lock/whatever was keepin' it up, did it? :D

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
Down With The Sickness

Hi, my name's John...and I'm a harleyholic...

·
Registered
229 Posts
I understand with only 15k on my bike I have already torn into engine twice for mods and spent over 12k on stuff. But the sad thing is I still want to spend more. My wife said I am not allowed at the HD shop anymore. But I am still the boss when shes not around. Mike

·
Winter SUCKS
1,353 Posts
TXCHOP said:
i hate when you change something and a year or two down the road, you want to change it again.....Exhaust is a good example...I went through 3 sets in 1 1/2 years on my fatboy......like a grand down the drain. Oh another example, although its not a big dollar part but the turn signal trim rings....All 3bikes in my family got them. Then h-d came out with the newer visor trim rings and we all switched to those......Got six of them in the garage..... it is a sickness
Well, having just dropped another $2000 on chrome, I thought I was "safe" until the riding season started. Then I read this thread. I didn't realize HD switched to these new AWESOME visor trim rings! So, yes you guessed it, yesterday after work I went and bought the entire set up (also had to pick up one of those nice new chrome speedo bezel trim rings!). So, tonight I will remove all 7 of the "Frenched" trim rings I just installed last summer, and put the new ones on.....................*OMG*..............Does it ever stop? It's a madness.........Yes, I'm addicted, but getting better. Did I metion I am having the 95" big bore done this Fall?..............Oh, never mind............YOU understand...............*LMAO*..............Ride safe everyone..........
Mike

1 - 19 of 19 Posts