V-Twin Forum banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
I don't care what you guys ride or who you hang around with, I ride solo and do not belong to any bike groups, including HD. I don't have the need to be a kin to anyone or anything. I am not a groupy and I dont go to biker bars. I am my own person and have my own lady. My bike was built and modified for me and no one else. Me, my bike and my lady. Don't need nothin else.

ps. I ride a Harley.

·
Premium Member
1,886 Posts
"but there's just too many wannabes riding them now... I opted for something different this time, because I wanted to stand out in the crowd, not get lost in it."

That way he can be a "wannabe" that sticks out in a crowd. My Hero :) LOL

·
Registered
752 Posts
I don't consider myself a biker in the Hollywood sense. If people want to be bikers then good for them, I have nothing against bikers or those who like to dress up in dragg either, for each his own, just not me.

ps. I also drive a truck and pull a pop-up camper sometimes, but I'd rather be riding.

·
Banned
128 Posts
Why are you HD' riders so hung up about a huge dealer network other than your bikes are braking down all the time and you need a repair shop on every corner.

A good bike won't be breaking down and needing service all the time.

Victory has over 350 dealers in the US. Triumph has 173 and BMW only 141
Pretty broad brush right there, which shows you have no clue what your talking about. My HD has never needed service for 50k miles, and I know hundreds of others who's hasn't either. (other than preventive service like oil changes) I know several who are over 100k with no problems, like the post before, other than
"a clutch cable" or something simple like that.

·
Premium Member
302 Posts
I have owned both brands and they have their plus and minus. They are mechanical devices nothing more. Although having said that a VTWIN for some reason I can't put into words makes riding motorcycles more enjoyable for me. I am happy to meet people on the road regardless of what they ride to talk about where they've been, how they like their bikes, where they are headed or sit down and have a brew and chew the fat. My old man would roll over in his grave if he knew I had owned a few Harley's as he was a died in the wool BSA man. But it's all good.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Talked to a good friend of my parents today that recently retired from our local Harley dealership. He got on the subject about the dealership laying of most of the staff and how sales are slooow. He then said something I never thought I would hear but he said Victory is actually putting a dent in there sales. I told him I thought he was B.S.ing me but he was serious. He claims times were great for awhile back when HD's were selling so hot. What happened was they sold so many of them the community just got saturated. He told me "look around, now twenty year old kids are riding baggers. These are bikes that use to have waiting lists to buy." Basicaly saying if you want one there is no problem getting one. Our dealership is so backed up with 09's there trying everything to sell them. Harley had a nice run but they thought they were a unstoppable machine. HD is to big and will always be to be greatly affected by Vics but I do believe that many more riders are looking elswhere for bikes and not just Harley.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I know this is a very old post , but for those who still see it , VICTORY is a fake they say there new bike has 35 more h.p then Harley, what there not tell the people is, that's crank h.p not rear wheel. when h.d lay's down a claim there talking rear wheel.

·
Super Moderator
10,494 Posts
Cool. Raise a 5 yr old thread for this.:redrolf:
I know this is a very old post , but for those who still see it , VICTORY is a fake they say there new bike has 35 more h.p then Harley, what there not tell the people is, that's crank h.p not rear wheel. when h.d lay's down a claim there talking rear wheel.
Sometimes when it's this important you just have to say something. :redrolf:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Except for the v rod, harley's scairt to release hp figures, torque's all you get.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Who cares about advertised HP? My Harley runs nine as far as I'm concerned.
As far as the Victory goes, their becoming dated looking. Fast, Dependable, but Ugly!!
I once owned a 2003 V92TC and it road like an old truck. Even 2 up it was jarring.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm new to riding bought my 1st bike 5 years ago but things came up and it sat and collected dust in a garage. Started this venture late in life at age 36 now 41 and i'm finally riding. Not proud of this but would of been more confident if i started riding in my 20's. Now that I introduce myself like some suggested back to the topic. I have a 2004 victory vegas. Bought it because I think of it as a piece of art. I love the look and have some cool add ons. Flame stemmed billet aluminum mirrors, corbin seat, front led turn signals,leather saddle bags, but the best add on was a $30 lowering kit which boosted my confidence hugely since now I'm flat footed at a stand still. Big heavy bike for a 1st timer and was thinking how awesome it looked more than being practical such as buying a 500cc starter bike. lol. I have nothing to compare it to but it seems to ride good to me. I have had friends that ride try it and they all say it is a good ride. Some of them hd owners. I got a great deal when I bought it and yes if I sold it I would never recoup my $ but then I wouldn't on anything I have ever bought. Surely not any car or truck. We buy these toys for fun and to admire not as an investment. In the future I will
dump more $ into customizing it and on maintenance that I will never recoup but I'll recoup it in a smile. So now someone tell me how I can kill that guy Bill that takes all my $ so I can frivolously throw my $ away on a custom paint job.

·
Registered
205 Posts
OK guys I own a 2004 V92 TC Stage one kit and a 2007 96in Street Bob with Stage1 ,VH Big Radius pipes and it wont hold a candle to the Vic.
I test rode one of the new 2014 106in CC Tour with a Stage1 kit and it didnt have the power my V92 has.Even tho it rode smoother and handled better.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Victory Bikes

What wrong with bringing up an old post ? NOTHING.....Victory makes a real nice bike with all the improvements that Harley needs to make to the engine, etc. A well balanced motorcycle too I might add.

·
Outsider
1,339 Posts
I test rode one of the new 2014 106in CC Tour with a Stage1 kit and it didnt have the power my V92 has.
Wouldn't have anything to do with being 200 lbs heavier, huh?

61 - 76 of 76 Posts