V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
My wife and I love mine but I can't tell you how they compare. The king is the only ride I've had.

·
A$$HOLE!
467 Posts
I had a Heritage and went to a RK. You're going to be getting a lot more 'tang! ;)

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
With the right seat much more comfy and smoother ride with better handling,almost as good as an EG :(-

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
Dave1200C said:
How will my Road King feel compared to the ride of my Fatboy??
Will it be a more comfortable ride for my wife?
Hard to describe until you ride them both. On a softail you feel more like you are riding in the bike and with a touring bike you feel like you are riding on the bike. I personally like the feel of the softail better. As for comfort, most think the touring bikes are more comfortable for the long hauls - guess that's why they call them touring bikes :dunno:

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
I've had both (Softail Heritage/Fat Boy and an Ultra)...the Ultra runs circles around the Heritage even with the extra weight:wootdnc:

·
Registered
645 Posts
My best attempt at explaning the comparison would be like:

Stepping out of a heated pool and jumping into the jacuzzi.

Not trying to offend FatBoy owners.. I believe the Touring HD line is the Cadillac of HD's. Of course im partialy biased. I own an RK Classic but riding my buds FatBoy is what made me decide to get a Harley. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Well that best states it above, do you want a cadillac or boulevard hot rod?

Totally different setups. I'm gettin a bagger when I need all those trunks for meds and wife stuff.

I usually say if you're having a hard time deciding between a Fatboy and any other line, DON'T get the Fatboy. It's not for you.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
FatBoys are nice bikes, but once you hit the road on a RC 2-up you will never look back. Put a detachable Tour Pak on it and the wife will be ever so gratful.
I have toured 2-up on a Heritage and a EG. There really is no comparison, the EG wins hands down for comfort, storage and overall ease of use for two people.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
bedemonster said:
I've had both (Softail Heritage/Fat Boy and an Ultra)...the Ultra runs circles around the Heritage even with the extra weight:wootdnc:
:whatever: Runs Circles? :roflback: :roflback: :roflback: :roflback:

No freaking way with that lead sled.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
so I had a Fat Boy for about 8 months and traded it in for a RK Classic. I couldn't be happier. My main reason was the lack of security I had at highway speed (anything over 75mph). I realize that my inexperience had a lot to do with that. I also did not want to add a shield to the Fattie as I don't like the look. RKC handles great at low or high speeds, looks awesome and had shield and bags. i agree that you sit more on top of it, but i am changing the seat so that should help a bit. Good luck

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Fatb0y said:

Way dude!....more cornering clearence and more suspension travel.
Quicker steering as well with the reversed trees.

·
07', 04', 03', & 02
1,099 Posts
Fatb0y said:

Someone's got a complex...don't worry repetition is a powerful thing; just keep telling yourself your fat boy is better and soon the complex will be gone:crying:

·
Registered
404 Posts
All I can say is that if your looking at a bike that will be very comfortable for you AND your wife to ride, regardless if it is a long ride or a short ride. Get anyone of the Touring Bikes. If it is a bike that is really just going to be for you only, any of them will work.

I love my raked, lowered and breathed-on FXR, and it can definitly haul ass and handle, but it sucks compared to my Electra Glide for 2 up riding.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Lazy Boy on Wheels

The RK is a fine ride.......it handles quickly and yet you can do 500 mile days and still have your kidneys.........luggage makes it easy to carry raingear and pack several days supplies. Pop off the windshield and you think you are on a sport bike........very versitile...plus you can haul the babe in comfort... :Banadance

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Owning both,if I could only have one it would have to be the Road King Custom.Looks badass and comfort,ride and handling is second to none.Try and maybe rent a King for the day (no pun intended) and that should help you.Our opinions don't mean shiit!You have to like it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts