V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Seasoned and Baked
4,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It gives me an opportunity to work and tinker on my scoot. You SoCal and warm weather bros have such ratty, problem plagued bikes because you're always riding 'em. Yep, nothing like going into a heated garage with a brewski in one hand and a Snap-on in the other, listening to good tunes and wrenching.:D

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Well, working on the machine is OK, and I have done some of that these last 2 months, but even better is seeing the weather prediction where it says Saturday will be partly cloudy and mid-40's. That means RIDE! Temps in the mid-40's means I can get several hours in before I decide I am too cold. Keeps me going...!

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I see, given the choice, you will be riding instead of wrenching this weekend. I think that pretty much says it all.

82º here in San Diego today... bikes running pretty damned good too.

One more thing... our bikes are cleaner because the freakin water doesn't turn to ice.... lol.. you're killin me.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
I know what you mean Wideone. I always had a winter project when I lived in Northern Illinois. Since I moved back to Maryland the winters here aren't too bad, and a lot of the days hit 50 degrees. Well, I ain't got to tell you twice, once you get your butt in the seat, go through the gears, pipes barking, motor thumping, and give the grip a good twist, sitting in the garage doesn't compare.

"Took a bead on the northern plains and just rolled that power on"

Thorns

·
Registered
958 Posts
That CAN be a problem.Got a few things to do,but I'm waiting for a long rainy period.

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Yeah it's rough having to give up ride days to wrench but at least I can open the garage door even in January to wrench by sunshine and not flourescent lights.:whistle: Today was really bad I had to put on sunscreen at work so I don't over do it with the year round sunshine.:roflback:

Joe

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
When you run out of things to fix, maybe you can help me a little. You did so well with the cold weather thing, see if you can come up with a positive aspect of being bald, beyond middle age, and fat. :d

·
Registered
124 Posts
WideOne said:
It gives me an opportunity to work and tinker on my scoot. You SoCal and warm weather bros have such ratty, problem plagued bikes because you're always riding 'em. Yep, nothing like going into a heated garage with a brewski in one hand and a Snap-on in the other, listening to good tunes and wrenching.:D
SSSHHHHH! Keep it quiet sir! Before you know it all these people that have moved here from the North and East Coast will move back to where they came from and the California Real Estate bubble will burst and the freeways will become empty, and all the money spent on toll roads here will go to waste!:hystria: :roflback: .........BTW it was 80 degrees here today, sunny and an awesome sunset was noted while cruising my bike down PCH.:whistle:

06 FXDBI

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Give up on the Doggers

fourstar said:
When you run out of things to fix, maybe you can help me a little. You did so well with the cold weather thing, see if you can come up with a positive aspect of being bald, beyond middle age, and fat. :d
I can help fourstar....Become a Giants fan, you'll still be bald, old and fat but at least you can hold your head up in public.:brows:

Joe

·
Registered
219 Posts
Yea, I rode 500 miles last weekend, wearing a T-shirt during the day down here, with the same forecast for this weekend. Us non-northerners are REAL jealous of those nice, modified, low mileage bikes you guys have......... LOL :D

Dang, I just figured out why my bikes are mostly stock and get rode year round, thanks for the help............ ?prty:

·
natural-born world-shaker
2,978 Posts
" ... nothing like going into a heated garage with a brewski in one hand and a Snap-on in the other, listening to good tunes and wrenching." - WideOne

Good point, I suppose, and sounds like fun but I wouldn't know. Mine's only a wee bit ratty, yeah, it sorta matches me now but it'll get better in another year or two.

·
Registered
379 Posts
If you could ride. There's so many freakin pot-holes you'd have to work on it anyway. Here in the fair city of Detriot the roads suck.
:beer4u: Sparky88

·
Registered
552 Posts
Brewskis and tools, I do that, still remembering that part of "Hell" (Detroit) I lived in far too long. Are you still drinking "Hamms" up there by chance, sorry I couldn't resist.

Buying parts and scoots off Ebay from our northern Bros is wonderful.

65 here in Vegas Today!!!!

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
highrider said:
Brewskis and tools, I do that, still remembering that part of "Hell" (Detroit) I lived in far too long. Are you still drinking "Hamms" up there by chance, sorry I couldn't resist.

Buying parts and scoots off Ebay from our northern Bros is wonderful.

65 here in Vegas Today!!!!
65 Damn I guess all the heat came over our way. It was 80 here today and 90 inland. Im planing a nice long ride in the AM. I will have to figure out how to keep my bike from turning into a RAT bike.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am glad :thumbsup: you live up there too, so stay up there, along with the millions of your friends, and dont clog up our roads down here durring your prime time wrenching months, OK:crying:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Yea, but just think, you warm climate guys don't get to enjoy a "White Christmas"! ............. What's that got to with ridding,,,,, NOTHING. :crying: :crying:

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
jasilva said:
I can help fourstar....Become a Giants fan, you'll still be bald, old and fat but at least you can hold your head up in public.:brows:

Joe
Yeah, you have to be proud of that cheating bastige BB. We bought a whole new team this year so you vagiants fans are in for trouble now.:banana:

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
fourstar said:
Yeah, you have to be proud of that cheating bastige BB. We bought a whole new team this year so you vagiants fans are in for trouble now.:banana:
:whisper: Except for the fact that ya bought a few of them from the Giants now that their done with 'em.:roflback:

Joe

1 - 20 of 47 Posts