V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this. By installing V/H BIG SHOTS will I have to re-jet? Is there a jet kit available or do you just purchase the parts needed (main. pilot,needle shims etc). I know that elevation and climate play a factor so I'm just looking for a general rule of thumb. If someone could get me close I can check my plugs and go from there.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What exhaust do you recommend I should get? I just want to do this once and be happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Generally speaking I would try to stay with a good set of slip ons that retains the factory crossover and has some backpressure.
I'm not all that familiar with what's out there for softails, but there was supposed to be a V&H system that has a hidden crossover.

Personally I like 2 into 1's, but they are not everyone's cup of tea.

You have to rejet no matter what you run, so you might as well get a intake kit that will gain you as much if not more then the pipes.

You can just buy a couple of jets and some washers. The Dynojet needle and jets are nice to have but it makes no sense to buy a kit just to get them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a new Heritage Classic and went with the Vance and Hines Straightshots. I had the Harley Dealer add these at the time I purchased the bike and also a Stage I kit which consists of re-jetting the Carbs and changing the air filter.

The same would go for the Bigshots as well (Stage I kit)

I would recommend having your dealer do it just for warranty purposes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.