V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made lotsa friends here, including a few of the mods. But they don't get paid to do the job, yet they continue to alienate themselves from the very friendships that they helped build and for what? Does it really matter to point out a few rules everytime one of them gets bent a little. Are you being pressured by the annual performance review that you just can't turn the other cheek and and let things die on thier own. Do the folks trying to make a point need to be completely shut-up? Are the big corpaorate sponsors making you mods do this? I really don't think so as I believe that they must really be basking in the attention this site is getting due to the actions of a few over-zealous school patrol leaders.

There's my two cents................................

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Its always been that way, there have always been hall monitors.

As for why, some want to help, and some just like being a mod.

But if you do consider the person a friend.....

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I don't say much anymore but I agree. I don't speak my mind because it doesn't matter. It is all about the dollar, not what this place was when I met you Dennis.

I give this place a year.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Just a thought...some of you guys have said that since you're a paying member, you should be able to get by with questionable posts, or have the moderator look the other way at some things. Ever belong to a private club? Even though you pay your dues, there are still rules up on the wall for all to see, and if you violate said rules, you'll be asked to leave. Same with this place, no difference.

There sure seems to be a lot of drama queens here...

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Woody218 said:
There sure seems to be a lot of drama queens here...
And their names show up a bright green! :Dennis

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
fourhour said:
Made lotsa friends here, including a few of the mods. But they don't get paid to do the job, yet they continue to alienate themselves from the very friendships that they helped build and for what? Does it really matter to point out a few rules everytime one of them gets bent a little. Are you being pressured by the annual performance review that you just can't turn the other cheek and and let things die on thier own. Do the folks trying to make a point need to be completely shut-up? Are the big corpaorate sponsors making you mods do this? I really don't think so as I believe that they must really be basking in the attention this site is getting due to the actions of a few over-zealous school patrol leaders.

There's my two cents................................
The term "control freaks" comes to mind. For some people a position of power is reward enough.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I am coming from the other side in this. I am a assistant manager on another site . We have really tried to not be the thought police on that site and stay out of stuff unless it comes down to personal attacks then we step in. I can honestly say I have never banned anyone but will say, there are some folks that I have a disliking for and really have to not let my personal feelings for them few folks get involved and thats not easy. I don't want to be sounding like a kiss butt here however I do think on the whole this is a great site and the managers do a good job for as many members as there are. In my opinion the managers job is to let people have discussions and with that will come some disagreements. Your job as a manager is to not intervien or be the sensership police but still keep the disagreement to a non personal level and within the confines of the site hosts rules. I have personally found less sensership brings fools to the top and makes them easier to weed out.
just my two, now to go put on my flame proof suit
BC:corn:

·
Registered
559 Posts
miles to go said:
The term "control freaks" comes to mind. For some people a position of power is reward enough.

And they just love the internet.

Get themselves a mod gig and they have absolute power without that whole face to face thing to mess up the works.

Someone gets on their nerves and poof, they're gone. No explanation necessary.

Rules can even be made up as they go if need be.

We're off to see the wizard......

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Guess where I'm confused, is that I've read a few threads where a Mod responded with "well, things have changed around here, you need to conform to the NEW way of doing things."

Oh? I haven't seen one "announcement" about what is going on. I've seen some references to "new ownership", but then I hear DP is still in charge. Other than seeing tons of ads (don't bug me too much), the only "change" I've been seeing is thread closures and people being banned.

I've seen other threads where mods have stated "if you have an issue, use the 'contact admin'" (mail) method". Why? What's the big secret?
Can someone actually tell me what (if anything) has happened, and what the deal is?

Is it new ownership? Sponsors who are irritated? What is the ROOT CAUSE of all the new thread closings and bannings that have been occuring of late?

I have been a member since 2002, and a paid member for quit sometime. I usually don't post alot, except in the tech questions, and I try not to stir the pot. And I'm not trying to stir the pot now, just trying to understand the situtation.

It just seems that since the site has come back up, all of this negative stuff has been going on.

What gives?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ChopperDude said:
What is the ROOT CAUSE of all the new thread closings and bannings that have been occuring of late?
The people in the green costumes! :Dennis

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
ChopperDude said:
What gives?
Good question. You'd think the ownership would want as many people as possible seeing the ads. Many people come here for the tech, that used to be my main focus till I got my build done. Now I read some of the tech but mostly I'm here for the sport. It's obvious lot's of members are more interested in the social aspect as well. If VTF continues to lose it's freewheeling personality and ceases to be fun then I have better things to do.
BTW, I have responded to a couple of the ads.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts