V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
30 years ago my wife and I bought an AMF Harley Sporster, changed the front end, painted it candy apple red and rode for 4-5 years then sold it. Messed around with several Hondas, then in 2001 bought a Yamaha Roadstar. Now, "we're back" as this week we purchased an 06 Ultra Classic. The bad news, we live in east central Wisconsin and its dang cold. Won't be riding again until the end of March. I guess its ok cuz I have lots to learn, which is why I am here. This a great forum with tons of info. Gotta check out the exhaust threads and get some advice. The 06's have new junk which sounds a little more difficult to play with. So, hello to all, glad to be here.:beer: :beer: :beer: time for a jack&diet

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
HI J & D

Welcome to the forum where you fit right in.

Post up and be sure to check out some of the very interesting reading here at the VTF.

The Finest motorcycle forum on the face of God's green Earth.....And now you are there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ultra classic

Welcome Jack! I was in the Harley shop just today looking at an Ultra Classic. Those really look nice. I have a Heritage Softail that is great, I might have give the Ultra a whirl one of these days. I live in Fla. and don't know how you guys can go all winter without riding. If it rains a few days and keeps me from riding I start getting the blues! Enjoy the group, I love reading here and getting all the tips!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys for the welcome

Heheh, winters do suck, but it makes the first ride of the year that much better. I was planning on getting the bike next spring but the dealer ran a deal by cutting the price from $20265 to $19055, plus no shipping or set up charge, free storage, free $1000 mile checkup, and best of all, 2 free t-shirts. It maybe isn't the best deal around but I couldn't pass it up.

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
:welcome: to the fourm. Congrats on the Ultra!! Post up often and enjoy.

·
Wicked!
6,743 Posts
Welcome to the cyber world of hardcore biker "geeks"! :D Congrats on the bike! Keep in touch and enjoy...

·
scooter coot
321 Posts
Welcome from another cheesehead!!!:cheers: Winters do suck, and I have enough salt on the roads here to start a pretzel factory!! C'mon spring.....

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hey Jack, welcome to the forum. It's always sunny and about 72 degrees here in cyberworld.

Enjoy that new ride! In spite of what you may have heard, looking at it won't wear out the bike. Maybe your eyes, but not the bike! LOL!

Ray

1 - 10 of 10 Posts