V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I haven't seen your bird.
Joined
·
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Illinois got the job done in the Horseshoe today — an impressive upset win in a hard place to be the visiting team. Juice Williams was very impressive for the Illini at QB. Another #1 team bites the dust, but it was a good game all around.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,436 Posts
MadCity said:
Illinois got the job done in the Horseshoe today — an impressive upset win in a hard place to be the visiting team. Juice Williams was very impressive for the Illini at QB. Another #1 team bites the dust, but it was a good game all around.

And your Badgers beat the big bad Wolverines, but most importantly my Tigers beat one of those many teams from Texas.

Lefty
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
343 Posts
Can't stand the Buckeyes. Screw Brutus! The devil wears a sweater vest! Hahaha :roflback:

I have to say that....as I'm a Boilermaker. Some of the teams in the Big 10/11 I have no respect for. OSU, Michigan, Iowa. Can't stands 'em. The others I can deal with. Glad to see Ron Zook do well at Illinois. Dantonio at MSU will be really good in a couple of years.
 

·
OWOF
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
As an Iowa fan, I would just say, Purdue? Really cant' say I feel much about them either way. Illannoy is another story - hate the Zooker. But I am glad they beat fOSU so we don't have to watch them get mauled in the title game again.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
343 Posts
Bluzmn59 said:
As an Iowa fan, I would just say, Purdue? Really cant' say I feel much about them either way.
Maybe I was quick to pull the trigger on Iowa. Coach Ferentz is a quality coach. I just don't like the pink in the locker room, that's all.

The other two I mentioned are football factories. I will not waiver on how I feel about those two. OSU should be concerned with Michigan. Three-loss-Lloyd already has three losses!

Ice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,083 Posts
Syracuse and Illinois both went with a new coach and system about the same year, both pulled form the NFL ranks. On the Illini side, Zook has taken them to national prominence, on the Orangeman side Robinson has taken them to all-time lows and national embarrassment. Who says a coach doesn't make a difference? Congratulations to the "other" Orange and Blue!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
Ice is Cool said:
Can't stand the Buckeyes. Screw Brutus! The devil wears a sweater vest! Hahaha :roflback:

I have to say that....as I'm a Boilermaker. Some of the teams in the Big 10/11 I have no respect for. OSU, Michigan, Iowa. Can't stands 'em. The others I can deal with. Glad to see Ron Zook do well at Illinois. Dantonio at MSU will be really good in a couple of years.

I didnt know Purdue HAD a team!?
Well, " Ice" I can see by your tone that you're extremely jealous of the Buckeyes greatness.It's just the old thing of, when you're always on top, everyone else just cant wait for you to fall down.I completely understand.After watching the Buckeyes continually win the big ten and national championships,others get jealous, envious and even hateful. Yes, Florida embarrassed us .We were not ready to play-to many days off- a Heisman trophy winning quarterback looking toward the draft, as were many buckeyes. (like every year)...and basically we we "out-coached" that game.
...The same thing happened against the"Illini", They took the game serious,Buckeyes didnt think it would be a pushover game, it was in the papers everywhere! We were out coached on the Spread out offense.Allthough, (not to make excuses) If they had challenged the first Illinois touchdown..it was clearly a fumble, even the game announcers had questioned why it hadn't been challenged.Also,another stupid move was calling time-out when illinois was going to punt at the end...which gave them time to decide to go for it*..bad move on our coach. Either of these two decisions could have GREATLY effected the out come of the game.And all I'm getting at is...this was a good close game not some blowout as people would have it. Finally my jealous friend,just remember this Buckeys are still 10-1 Illinoisis 8-3...We still have a possible BIG TEN championship AND Rose bowl appearence.And had a GREAT year no matter the out come*...One more thing*....Even when the BUckeyes lose, we were STILL THERE AT THE BIG GAME!!!..not sitting at home...wishing we'd had a better season!..Oh dont forget! This team is mostly sophmores ...get ready for a couple more years of the BUCKEYES being ON TOP!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
343 Posts
Oh Sheepdog, I'm not jealous. I just don't like the footall factory teams. Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Florida, USC, etc. are a few.

Purdue is what I would call a good mediocre team. Our coach may be one of the greatest mediocre coaches of all time. Only missed one bowl game in his tenure. We are not a national powerhouse. In the big ten, you must defend your home turf. Yesterday, the Boilers were taken behind the woodshed and beaten badly. That's a fact. But when OSU or Michigan gets beat it's national news!

My hat's off to Coach Zook and the Illini. They came into Columbus and took it to the Buckeyes. Teams like the before mentioned powerhouses don't take kindly to losing. That's why its fun to jump on them when you can. They just don't lose very often. And by the way.........I do cheer for all Big 10/11 and MAC teams in bowl games.
 

·
I haven't seen your bird.
Joined
·
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by Ice is Cool
I just don't like the football factory teams. Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Florida, USC, etc. are a few.
I guess I would have left Notre Dame off that list — this year anyway. The Irish got hammered by Air Force yesterday and are 1-9 for the season. I'm surprised their coach, Charlie Weis, is still employed. What has happened to that program?
 

·
OWOF
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
DJW said:
Syracuse and Illinois both went with a new coach and system about the same year, both pulled form the NFL ranks. On the Illini side, Zook has taken them to national prominence, on the Orangeman side Robinson has taken them to all-time lows and national embarrassment. Who says a coach doesn't make a difference? Congratulations to the "other" Orange and Blue!
Sorry, but Ron Zook got the Illanoy job when Florida fired him.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
343 Posts
MadCity said:
I guess I would have left Notre Dame off that list — this year anyway. The Irish got hammered by Air Force yesterday and are 1-9 for the season. I'm surprised their coach, Charlie Weis, is still employed. What has happened to that program?
Mad,

I live 35 miles from the campus of ND. I can't tell you the amount of coverage here. Willingham had a better record at this point and he was canned. Still erks me that the Irish passed on the offer to join the Big 10. It's all about the money, baby. I do like Charlie Weiss. Again, as I said earlier. I love to kick the big dogs when they're down!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,293 Posts
Ku?!

And an undefeated KU is ranked 4 in the BCS now? I would have never believed it, but watching KU play, they're looking pretty good. In two weeks they will play MU, which will be a real test. Winner of that game will probably take on Oklahoma for the B12 Championship. I'm guessing the winner of that game will be ranked 1 or two in the BCS poll and will play for the NCAA Championship.

Hard to believe that three B12 teams are in the top 6 in BCS and one of them is Kansas and another Missouri. Oklahoma is always there...no surprise there.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
318 Posts
I think Kansas should have moved farther up the ladder being undefeated. I also wonder if the teams that moved the way they did(LSU), would be that high if they lost now instead of earlier to Ky.
I am not a fan of OSU or UM, one of the strange ones who likes Kentucky. Obviously for basketball more than football.
I do seem to remember my alma matter, BGSU beating Purdue not too many years ago. Those are the games I enjoy. Kinda like Appa. St. beating Michigan.
IMO, for what it is worth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,083 Posts
DJW said:
I don't expect that the winner of the B12 will be number 1 or 2 unless Oregon loses to UCLA.... OR LSU loses the SEC championship...neither looks likely....
Okay let me rephrase that....I meant to say....them dumbass ducks don't stand a chance. :)
 

·
I haven't seen your bird.
Joined
·
8,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by DJW
I'm still surprised that they haven't figured a way to get Notre Dame back in there somewhere.
At 1-9, that would be a stretch.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
343 Posts
kinneydr54 said:
I do seem to remember my alma matter, BGSU beating Purdue not too many years ago. Those are the games I enjoy. Kinda like Appa. St. beating Michigan.
IMO, for what it is worth.
kinneydr54,

You, my friend, get it. All be it at my Boilermaker's expense. That is what makes college football so great.

I will root for Kansas or Missouri when they play Oklahoma for the Big 12 championship. It's not that I don't respect Bob Stoops and Oklahoma, but I like seeing some new blood.

For the record, the MAC has some great talent.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,436 Posts
bigbluff said:
And an undefeated KU is ranked 4 in the BCS now? I would have never believed it, but watching KU play, they're looking pretty good. In two weeks they will play MU, which will be a real test. Winner of that game will probably take on Oklahoma for the B12 Championship. I'm guessing the winner of that game will be ranked 1 or two in the BCS poll and will play for the NCAA Championship.

Hard to believe that three B12 teams are in the top 6 in BCS and one of them is Kansas and another Missouri. Oklahoma is always there...no surprise there.
My money's on MU, Bigbluff. Whadaya wanna bet?

Lefty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22,083 Posts
Bluzmn59 said:
Sorry, but Ron Zook got the Illanoy job when Florida fired him.
........

And Robinsinson came from Texas...I was referring to their experience in the NFL which is why they both got their respective jobs..

Zook: .....served three seasons as special teams coach for the Pittsburgh Steelers, and was the defensive backs coach for the Kansas City Chiefs in 1999. In the 2000 and 2001 seasons, Zook was the defensive coordinator for the New Orleans Saints.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top