V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Illegal Alien Charged in Death of Two Motorists
Clicky 1

6 arrested in immigrant smuggling out of San Eli
Clicky 2

Community Leaders Protest Program to Deport Criminal Aliens
Clicky 3

Escaped murderers had a big head start Yep, one is an illegal alien
Clicky 4

Hillsboro man guilty in death of girlfriend’s daughter
Clicky 5

Boy, 12, Hit In Crosswalk Hit by? DING! DING! DING! You guessed it, and illegal alien!
Clicky 6

...just thought I would brighten y'alls mood on this last Thursday of September 2007.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,049 Posts
Mexican President: We Are Coming

Mexican President: We Are Coming!
Friday, September 28, 2007 10:19 AM

Article Font Size

http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/mexico_immigration/2007/09/28/36496.html?s=al&promo_code=3A98-1


PUERTO PENASCO, Mexico — Mexican President Felipe Calderon told U.S. governors Thursday that immigration is an inevitable, natural phenomenon and he urged the U.S. Congress to approve reforms that would allow more Mexicans to work legally north of the border.


Calderon demanded that the United States respect "the right to work wherever one can make the greatest contribution."


"Immigration is a natural phenomenon that is economically and socially inevitable," he told the meeting in this Sonora seaside resort town.


In a rare acknowledgment of the costs of migration for Mexico, Calderon said his country "doesn't not celebrate migration ... our best people are the ones who go."


Immigration and border security were among the top issues at the meeting, the 25th annual such event between Mexican and U.S. governors from states along the two countries' common border. Mexican officials were focused on stopping the illegal flow of U.S. weapons into Mexico and protesting expansion of U.S. border fencing. For the Americans, the drug trade, migration and border security topped the list.


On Monday, the U.S. government announced plans to erect about 370 miles (600 kilometers) of fencing and 200 miles (320 kilometers) of vehicle barriers by the end of 2008.


Tension over the fences — which have drawn criticism from environmentalists, land owners and politicians both in Mexico and the United States — surfaced at the meeting.


"This is the great tragedy," said Carlos de la Parra, a participant in the conference's environmental panel, as he pointed to a map of proposed border fences separating nature reserves. Mentioning a list of wildlife that migrates across the border, Parra, of Mexico's Colegio de la Frontera, noted "these animals don't cross the border to shop. They do it out of necessity."


California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has opposed the border fencing, praised Mexico and its cooperation with its northern neighbor.


"The relationship has become stronger and stronger each year," he said. "We have become more than just good neighbors. We have become great friends."


Describing his many visits to Mexico since his first one 40 years ago, Schwarzenegger lifted a line from his movie "Terminator," quipping, "I always look forward to saying, 'I'll be back."


Eduardo Bours, governor of the border state of Sonora, called for more border crossings, saying those that exist between Arizona and Sonora are saturated.


"There are lines of three, four and five hours, and so we have to invest much more in border crossings," he said.


He also called for a crackdown on U.S. weapons that "cross the border all too easily." Calderon said weapons illicitly smuggled in from the U.S. had been responsible for killing dozens of Mexican policemen


While all the Mexican governors were scheduled to attend, half of the U.S. contingent of governors — New Mexico's Bill Richardson and Texas' Rick Perry were not coming.


Richardson, who is making a presidential bid, did not give a reason for his absence; Perry's office cited a scheduling conflict.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,309 Posts
VIP said:
Mexican President: We Are Coming!
Friday, September 28, 2007 10:19 AM

Article Font Size

http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/mexico_immigration/2007/09/28/36496.html?s=al&promo_code=3A98-1


PUERTO PENASCO, Mexico — Mexican President Felipe Calderon told U.S. governors Thursday that immigration is an inevitable, natural phenomenon and he urged the U.S. Congress to approve reforms that would allow more Mexicans to work legally north of the border.


Calderon demanded that the United States respect "the right to work wherever one can make the greatest contribution."


"Immigration is a natural phenomenon that is economically and socially inevitable," he told the meeting in this Sonora seaside resort town.


In a rare acknowledgment of the costs of migration for Mexico, Calderon said his country "doesn't not celebrate migration ... our best people are the ones who go."


Immigration and border security were among the top issues at the meeting, the 25th annual such event between Mexican and U.S. governors from states along the two countries' common border. Mexican officials were focused on stopping the illegal flow of U.S. weapons into Mexico and protesting expansion of U.S. border fencing. For the Americans, the drug trade, migration and border security topped the list.


On Monday, the U.S. government announced plans to erect about 370 miles (600 kilometers) of fencing and 200 miles (320 kilometers) of vehicle barriers by the end of 2008.


Tension over the fences — which have drawn criticism from environmentalists, land owners and politicians both in Mexico and the United States — surfaced at the meeting.


"This is the great tragedy," said Carlos de la Parra, a participant in the conference's environmental panel, as he pointed to a map of proposed border fences separating nature reserves. Mentioning a list of wildlife that migrates across the border, Parra, of Mexico's Colegio de la Frontera, noted "these animals don't cross the border to shop. They do it out of necessity."


California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, who has opposed the border fencing, praised Mexico and its cooperation with its northern neighbor.


"The relationship has become stronger and stronger each year," he said. "We have become more than just good neighbors. We have become great friends."


Describing his many visits to Mexico since his first one 40 years ago, Schwarzenegger lifted a line from his movie "Terminator," quipping, "I always look forward to saying, 'I'll be back."


Eduardo Bours, governor of the border state of Sonora, called for more border crossings, saying those that exist between Arizona and Sonora are saturated.


"There are lines of three, four and five hours, and so we have to invest much more in border crossings," he said.


He also called for a crackdown on U.S. weapons that "cross the border all too easily." Calderon said weapons illicitly smuggled in from the U.S. had been responsible for killing dozens of Mexican policemen


While all the Mexican governors were scheduled to attend, half of the U.S. contingent of governors — New Mexico's Bill Richardson and Texas' Rick Perry were not coming.


Richardson, who is making a presidential bid, did not give a reason for his absence; Perry's office cited a scheduling conflict.

huh?

Calderon demanded that the United States respect "the right to work wherever one can make the greatest contribution."

doesn't really mean wherever one can make the most money?..:yawn:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,502 Posts
sonoffatboy said:
huh?

Calderon demanded that the United States respect "the right to work wherever one can make the greatest contribution."

doesn't really mean wherever one can make the most money?..:yawn:
I loved the line, " Our best people are the ones who go"....:whatever:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
521 Posts
Thunderhog said:
I loved the line, " Our best people are the ones who go"....:whatever:
Yeah, I know here in Arizona they're catching hundreds of doctors, lawyers, and MBA businessmen trying to get across
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,942 Posts
I think we just need to invade Mexico and run their corrupt government out of there. That way, we'll really be good neighbors, and the people wouldn't need to migrate north. They have abundant natural resources: oil, gas, silver, etc, and people ready to work. Plus we could tax all of them.

Not to mention, then, we'd have a very short southern border with Guatamala and we could install a wall there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
268 Posts
Actually; the illegals that come here are more of threat to our countries infrastructure than is the "terriorism" that we are spending $billions of dollars and countless lives and the blood of some of our best men and women, so that some of the ultra wealthy can become obscenely wealthy.

Go to You tube and click on NAU, and see what you get.

I believe that we should completey pull out of that shift hole that we are in, pull all of our troops out, and deploy them to booting the illegals out and protecting our borders. Start sticking up for the US.
Now that's being patriotic.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top