V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 05' springer with D&D fatcat, and SE Air intake, going to dyno and put SE dynojet in. Was wondering if I should or is there an advantage to changing my ignition? If so what brand and kind should I go with. Any help would be appreciated.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I am going on that you have a carb bike. I like the SE ign as you can really fine tune it on the dyno BUT if you get some where where you cannot get good fuel you are SOL as you need the remote to back timing down where as the other models you can do it on the spot. The ign that I use the most is the dyna tc88 good price and makes numbers as good as the other brands.

·
Registered
541 Posts
SE Ignition

The SE "00A" is tuff to beat for an otherwise stock bike, both in performance gains and price. Mine is the Street 6200 rpm module. My bike has the Dynojet / Thunderslide kit, SE 2 into 1 header with no baffle and torque cones along with a D&M Cone K&N air cleaner. IMO it provided awesome throttle response on my '02 Softail TC88. Will SMOKE the tire through 1st gear. Awesome bang for the buck @ $120.00 bought on Ebay, particulary if you don't plan on any other radical mods to the cam / heads.

I'll be installing a set of Bean prepped street heads and Andrews 37's advanced 2 degrees, but even so, for a street application @ 88 ci. I think the ignition will be fine after these mods. (Night Rider says this ignition was good on the Dyno.) I'll testify to this as my bike dynoed at 75 hp and 86 lb/ft torque.

Any performance ignition will make a noticeable seat of the pants performance improvement over the stock module.

DLR

·
Banned
5,114 Posts
DLRVelocity1 said:
The SE "00A" is tuff to beat for an otherwise stock bike, both in performance gains and price. Mine is the Street 6200 rpm module. My bike has the Dynojet / Thunderslide kit, SE 2 into 1 header with no baffle and torque cones along with a D&M Cone K&N air cleaner. IMO it provided awesome throttle response on my '02 Softail TC88. Will SMOKE the tire through 1st gear. Awesome bang for the buck @ $120.00 bought on Ebay, particulary if you don't plan on any other radical mods to the cam / heads.

I'll be installing a set of Bean prepped street heads and Andrews 37's advanced 2 degrees, but even so, for a street application @ 88 ci. I think the ignition will be fine after these mods. (Night Rider says this ignition was good on the Dyno.) I'll testify to this as my bike dynoed at 75 hp and 86 lb/ft torque.

Any performance ignition will make a noticeable seat of the pants performance improvement over the stock module.

DLR
Get rid of the restrictive torque cones and it will even run better....

·
Registered
541 Posts
Torque Cones

That's exactly what I'm thinking. In stock trim with no baffle, the cones have provided the backpressure needed to develop the dyno numbers I mentioned, and still run 118 mph. Understand that the cam and head work will change the overall performance dynamics that will probably lose the cones. You're right.

DLR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts