V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was trying to remember how to get the combination right in how to remove the ignition switch top on my FLHT so I could remove the pannel to adjust the handlebars, I noticed that everytime I'd switch over to the accessory position to start the process, the speedometer lights and needle came alive and also the odometer reading. This occurred everytime and as long as it stayed in that position.
I never noticed this before under the same circumstances. Does this sound right at all? If not, any ideas? I have very little warranty left so would like to move on it soon if need be. Thanks.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Kidding, wonder why they designed that, sounds like a great way to burn out the speedo unit while using other accessories. My fender tips didn't light, but thanks for putting me at ease.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Maybe to check odometer without having to turn the headlights on ??? I doubt it would burn out the speedo unit, should last for 100,000 miles with it on, whats a few more hours while listening to the radio ??

·
Registered
903 Posts
My fender tip doesn't come on either but I learned that the backlights behind the speedo and the tach are LED's and should outlast the bike and only draw very little amounts of electricity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts