V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone so far felt the need to relocate the ignition module on a FXST somewere where it does not stick out like a sore thumb?
Couldn't it be possible to put the bugger under the seat somewhere or unterneath the front part of the petrol tank?

Ciao

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
I assume you mean the coil. The ignition module is located under the seat. I haven't seen a great place that it would fit. You could look for other types of coils to see if there is one small enough that could mount in a "hidden" area.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sorry,
It's the coil!
I have not seen many aftermarket coils around but I'll keep searchin'

Thanks

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
94c4,

I'm not sure how easy it is to get aftermarket catalogs in the UK but you may want to order some. I would check with your local dealer or parts shop to see if you can get one from them. Here are two that have many parts and they have a lot of different coils listed.

http://www.customchrome.com/

and

http://www.dragspecialties.com/

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Keep in mind that coils get hot. If you bury it somewhere where there is no airflow, might have problems. The coil is an integral component of the bike, why hide it?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone I'll check those catalogs.
Also I have ordered the W&W catalog which apparently is pretty large.

ED Y,
I know is an integral part of the bike. I just think it does not blend in with the rest on the left side.
I have no problem with the horn cover as it sits between the cylinders but the coil kind of looks like they did not know where else to put it.

Cheers

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Take a look here at different options. There are 4 pages of different brackets for all models. Maybe this will give you some ideas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts