V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put the daytona twin tech ignition module in my bike. Really loud shotgun backfire noise and would not start. Killed the battery. Recharged it with my trickle charge. Put stock ignition module back in. Started right up. Rode for few minutes. (its 25 degrees out) Put Daytona back in. Bang loud shotgun noise again. Put stock ignition back in. Starts right up. Whats the issue with the daytona ignition? Any ideas?

2000 FXST running 95" Scottsman build with andrews 37B cams and cycle shacks.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
I plugged mine in and it started and ran without hitch. What are your pots set at. Try setting them at 5 and 5 start (same as stock). Also I think the rpms has to be set above a certain point but I can not remember what. I have mine set at 5700rpm

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may try the stock settings and work my way up from there. I started with the mild build settings on the module. That may be some of the problem. I am going to give it a try today. Thanks for the advice.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I tried changing timing and slope settings a couple of times. Still wont start. Guess I will put the stock starter back in and have the shop see if they can get it working.

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
It is a timing issue......unless the rare occurance of a bad module. I had a Crane module that I had problems with like that and switched to a DTT and it still runs sweet. I sold the Crane to a buddy letting him know the problem I had before he put it in and his bike runs great.....difference...hell if I know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts