V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were going to get some work done over the winter on an '03 RKC to increase overall torque and HP, and you wanted to use a standard download for your RT, what would you do?

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
a) I'd know what was already done, and share with anyone who I was asking advice.

b) I'd share w/ them what kind of riding I usually did and what I was looking to spend, and the results I wanted.

c) I'd save up another $200-300 and get it tuned because you are leaving horsepower and torque on the table no matter what you do if you use a "base" map when you have already spent ~$400 on a SERT.

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Swanie said:
If you were going to get some work done over the winter on an '03 RKC to increase overall torque and HP, and you wanted to use a standard download for your RT, what would you do?
What are your planned mods.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sadly........

Sadly enough, I'd love to do the work but will probably have to have someone do it for me.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
So we're just doing a/c and slipons....Then I would do two things.
First..there will be a down load in the SERT for your bike ..for the 4.12 version it would be 127hm005.
A couple of edits to that map should be made. The target a/f ratios for both cylinders should be reduced down to 14.0 at any cell where they are higher.
These areas are in RED.
The Decel Enleanment values can be safely cut in half...Dont know what slipons you are using....so it wont pop on decel. It will now run better than just loading the stock map in the sert.....run a little cooler..be a litle richer.
Secondly....do as Mega and Chuck suggest...spend the money to have it run up on a dyno and tuned completely...Idle..midrange..full throttle. My need many adjustments ..may need just a few as there are really no modes done other than increased breathing....But you will know.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
After losing weight........

The AC and slip-ons are already on. I'm wondering what engine mods would anyone recommend to achieve the previous post of reliable increase in torque and HP.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Will these be all you ever do? Don't want you throwing good money after bad.
If your dealer or favorite independent shop has winter sales, you could probably get Andrews 26G cams, adjustable pushrods and a Baisley spring done for that, but it would be a poor choice if you were going to do heads later... Depending on the shop's winter labor rates, maybe a 95" as well, boring your cylinders and using SE cast flat top pistons, but that'd probably take you a little over. If you had the 95" conversion done, you wouldn't need the adj pushrods, though, as they'd have your heads off...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts