V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If It Only Ran This Good From The Factory

Just got my scooter back from the shop today.Had them install an Andrews EV27 cam,Dyna 2000i ignition,steel breather gear,Torrington cam bearing,Thunderslide carb kit,and atomizer screen.Only got to ride her about 25 miles but what a difference,Runs like a scalded cat.When I bought the bike used from the dealer it had a Screamin Eagle cam,slip on mufflers,and air filter
kit.All work was done at the dealer.My friend who did my new mods said that the cam was spaced incorrectly and they used the wrong type of thrust washer when they installed the SE stuff.My buddy is a AMI grad,and worked at H-D dealers for 10 years till he had enough.Now working at a custom shop.Glad we've been friends a long time.
Don't always believe what the dealer service dept. tells you,and find a good wrench and stick with him or her.:cool: :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've put 400 miles on since the mods and I just love it.Instant throttle responce,and once it hits 2500-3000 rpm lookout !!! Started right up last Sunday and it was all of 40 degrees.The thing that gets me is that plastic breather gear. But all is well now and set of pipes and some different heads just might be next.I'd like to get the pipes before the snow flies,heads are just a little to expensive right now.

RIDE SAFE !!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yall guys are animals....I'm sorta a fair weather type.....anything under about 48-50 degrees is just too cold for me; except I go on this February run each year near Austin and it gets into the 30's.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I concur with you completely Chopper Larry. Below 50F is not my kinda fun, factor in a 60-75 mph wind chill, thats a felt temperature of around 30 degrees. It can be really misleading, I've ridden on days where its blue skies, not a cloud, below 50F and froze my ass off! I generally don't wear a helmet, figure lottsa heat loss thru the old head.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
JUST A NOTE ON THE PLASTIC BREATHER GEAR. JUST REMEMBER IF YOU GET SOME CRAP IN BETWEEN PLASTIC AND METAL YOU CAN JUST REPLACE THE PLASTIC. IF YOU GET THE SAME CRAP IN BETWEEN METAL AND METAL YOU HAVE TO BORE YOUR CASE.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Damn! Rained Monday, but Tues and today I pulled out at 6:30 AM for my 37 mile ride into work. 37 Degrees one day and 41 today when I left. Was brisk. Stuffed a Mini-Mini Hand Warmer 7+Hours Instant Heat in each glove and hey! It was a great ride both days in. These things are 69 cents at Academy. Open package, add air, damn thing stays hot for hours and when yer done with it, ya put it to the curb.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
On December 1, 2002 over 15,000 riders went twenty miles on the Chicago Toys for Tots ride. The high that day was 24 degrees. Now there is a bunch of kid loving hard core riders!!!!

Oh, Wurkenman I don't plan on getting "crap" in my motor. But if it will make it go faster , I might give it a try.

RIDE SAFE !!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey cubicinches, ive heard bad things about the atomizer screen in your intake. Run the bike with the screen on and off the bike (dyno if possible) and you should see a difference

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haven't had it dyno'd yet but if my wrench says it makes power than I know it does. Fuel is atomized as opposed to a big squirt of gas being introduced into manifold.You get more of a complete burn also.My friend who did all the internal work,worked at a shop that has a dyno. So I know if it doesn't make power it won't make it into my bike.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts