V-Twin Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
It's a common thing. But did you really go back 70 pages in the TC Engine forum to find something to vent about?

BTW, Welcome to the Forum! You haven't even been here a full day and already at 8 posts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's a common thing. But did you really go back 70 pages in the TC Engine forum to find something to vent about?

BTW, Welcome to the Forum! You haven't even been here a full day and already at 8 posts.
Yeah when the judge said I had the right to remain silent I lacked the wisdom

·
Registered
12,266 Posts
I take offense about the baseball cap thing. I call it a hat as I don't play baseball, but I did play basketball and have yet to find a basketball hat. Generally my hat bill is in the front sometimes tilted to keep the sun out my eyes other times turned around so my hat doesn't blow off in the water while I am driving my boat. If I forget to wear it in the conventional manner then I attribute it to the fact that I am 67 and don't give a fck what other people think.

Sent from my moto g(7) supra using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I didn't anticipate angering another codger with my comments about wannabes, And being OK with oneself At my age What you see is liable to be what you'll continue to get Because at this point I'm pretty much an old dog. I'm just glad you weren't in the thread of guys trying to promote the (wisdom )of an extremely low idle.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I read on dtt's website idle rpm under 1000 is possible with their ecu but they caution it should not be done with the stock oil pump. It is not just a pressure issue but since the harley oil pump is a dual pump one portion for oil lubrication the other for the dry sump scavanging. They say the stock pump will not keep the sump dry, not large enough under 1000 rpm. They sugest only using their low rpm mode if you have a high volume pump like a fueling. I read also that the oil spray nozels under the pistons have will not open until 28 psi.
check this link page 3 ( http://www.daytona-twintec.com/download/TCFI2D_Low_Idle_Tech_Note.pdf )
( http://feulingparts.com/wp/feuling/v-twin/harley/support/feuling-twin-cam-engine-tech-memo/ )
I have a 03 RK - 95" fuel inj, modified engine with a DTT ecm - I have set the idle down to 700 or so - it sounded more like a shovel or Pan with a carb. The ECM moved to idle up to 1000 or so . I keep it there - I was just playing around with it turning the idle there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 03 RK - 95" fuel inj, modified engine with a DTT ecm - I have set the idle down to 700 or so - it sounded more like a shovel or Pan with a carb. The ECM moved to idle up to 1000 or so . I keep it there - I was just playing around with it turning the idle there.
you have looked into this and know technically more than I do about why it's not good to run your idle low but I'm happy to hear That I wasn't spewing a bunch of foolishness I suspected the low oil pressure being a problem But I did learn a couple bits of wisdom from a couple other posters one of them was if you don't poke a pile of poop it won't smell so badd and the other was you can ignore reality but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality pretty deep Thought lessons for living

41 - 53 of 53 Posts