Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 117” FLHTCUI, -2021 107” FLHC
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted this first in the Twin Cam forum wasn’t getting much response thought I’d try it here...

The other day we were on a ride and my 2005 FLHTCUI developed an idle problem . It would run great but coming down off of higher rpm’s it would die. It would come down right past idle speed and die. It wouldnt start unless I cracked the throttle open a little. I called the guy that tuned the fresh 117” and he said it sounds like an IAC problem, was pretty sure it wasn’t the tune. It did run fine for 1000 miles on the break in tune and fine for about 500 miles on the final tune.
I got it home put a new IAC motor on it and it started right up and idled fine . I let it idle for about 7 or 8 minutes rode it up to the gas station and it would not start. I cracked the throttle open and it started up just like before.
I brought it up to the tuner guy to put it on the machine and he said everything checked out fine , was kind of baffled, so what he did was adjusted the throttle plates on the new 55 mm HPI throttle body and it seems to have taken care of the problem. He’s not optimistic though. Says he thinks there is a glitch with the ecm and it might not ever happen again or it could do it again tomorrow, so just putting this out there , wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this. Going to Sturgis in August and sure would like to make it out there and back without any problems.

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,308 Posts
Sounds like an intake seal leak to me.

·
Registered
2005 117” FLHTCUI, -2021 107” FLHC
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Checked. As it turns out , looks like an ECM failure. Made it about a mile away from the tuner, coughed and died . New ECM coming up .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.